YouTube banning gambling/casino streams and channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really shocked by the methods with which they try to implement their strategy - and BTW they didn't published anything publicly anywhere...

As long our kids are concerned - I think that we as parents have to supervision the content our kids are consuming. If you think that your kid is not grown enough to be on youtube -- then don't hand him your phone with your gmail log in to watch related videos that you have been watching...

Also youtube has to think about this twice since soon in almost every state gambling will be legal. 

 
I am really shocked by the methods with which they try to implement their strategy - and BTW they didn't published anything publicly anywhere...

As long our kids are concerned - I think that we as parents have to supervision the content our kids are consuming. If you think that your kid is not grown enough to be on youtube -- then don't hand him your phone with your gmail log in to watch related videos that you have been watching...

Also youtube has to think about this twice since soon in almost every state gambling will be legal. 
No no its never your own fault according to the people above - if your kid stumples upon it shouldnt see, its the creators fault.

(Ridicolous, go out and live your life and stop hating/fighting against something you dont like online just because you cant control yourself)

Alcohol adverts in TV btw!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MisterMyers,

Firstly I would like to apologise to you as before I thought you were flaming Rocknolla and nobody else.  I also thought you was a troll I am clearly wrong and I do understand what you are doing now.  So apologies for before.

Its a shame that children constantly want to be on YouTube and not enjoy playing with friends etc outdoors.  I have a daughter who is young and she does go on YouTube but I don't see her at the age where I would be worried if she stumbled on a gambling stream.  Add 5/7 years onto her age and maybe I would.

I did think that you couldn't actually view a gambling stream or highlights video unless you were logged into YouTube which verifies you're age?  Maybe I am wrong but I can remember previously not being logged into my YouTube account and trying to watch a gambling video and it said I'd need to be logged in to watch it.  Is this not the case anymore and you can view anything 18+ without being logged in?

If you don't mind me asking but are you only reporting gamblers videos/content or are you reporting other things that could cause concerns for children?  I only ask as it seems you have a big issue with gamblers yet you don't mention other things that could cause issues for children on YouTube?
Hello Arcade_Pusher

I don’t have any problems with gambling, in fact I sometimes gamble myself. But I do think that content should be on another platform as someone previously mentioned. Some videos regarding gambling are age restricted but plenty are not somehow. My concern was RocknRollas gambling behaviour, it does not represent responsible gambling which could be viewed in a safe way (not by children, by adults) but his methods of gambling is toxic and unsafe to adults also.

He isn’t some rich millionaire who can afford that lifestyle, he is a desperate man living close to the edge. Do you really think a rich and successful persons heart rate would top 160+ bpm on his bets? I’ve seen wealthy people in Casinos and I have seen them lose £5,000 a spin on Roulette and they don’t even break a sweat and they stay and play for long periods.  It’s clear that he is pushing himself to the limit and my message is that he should not be publishing that type of behaviour on a platform that children love. 

Thanks for your reply also. 

No no its never your own fault according to the people above - if your kid stumples upon it shouldnt see, its the creators fault.

(Ridicolous, go out and live your life and stop hating/fighting against something you dont like online just because you cant control yourself)

Alcohol adverts in TV btw!
The act of Gambling may be legal but the publication of it and advertising regulations are forever changing. If anything, in the UK they will get stricter in the coming months and years 

No no its never your own fault according to the people above - if your kid stumples upon it shouldnt see, its the creators fault.

(Ridicolous, go out and live your life and stop hating/fighting against something you dont like online just because you cant control yourself)

Alcohol adverts in TV btw!
You can’t always sit and watch your child on their iPad all the time, it is not pluasable. But when they are using a family friendly app that has no age restrictions on the app store you should be assured that they won’t stumble upon any dangerous content on that app. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the app (youtube) or creator (youtuber) to assure the policies are followed. 

 
Hey guys, could you tell me if this only applies to casino stream or casino videos in general? I mean what about some shortcuts of the best moments of the stream bla bla? Would it be banned? Or no-one knows it? 

Hope you won't kill me here right away ❤️

 
The act of Gambling may be legal but the publication of it and advertising regulations are forever changing. If anything, in the UK they will get stricter in the coming months and years 

You can’t always sit and watch your child on their iPad all the time, it is not pluasable. But when they are using a family friendly app that has no age restrictions on the app store you should be assured that they won’t stumble upon any dangerous content on that app. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the app (youtube) or creator (youtuber) to assure the policies are followed. 
The more you explain your reasons for what you are doing the more I agree with you.

YouTube should definitely do more to restrict 18+ content.

I don't see the point in asking the YouTuber to do more though.  They will never change their ways, all they are interested in is getting signups and making money.

 
@Arcade_Pusher @MisterMyers Thought I would share my opinions & thoughts on the matter.

In terms of youtubes and casino regulations I comply fully with both and have had this confirmed by both. I've received strikes in the past but have always had them taken off which also proves this.

I age restricted all my content but what I found is that it just killed my channel. There are no sub categories for gambling or other such content which should be age restricted so when you have 600 videos age restricted youtube don't know why so will assume its one of their guidlines of either violence or disturbing imagery,  nudity and sexually suggestive content, portrayal of harmful or illegal acts and therefore are hardly going to recommend my videos or channel. So now I have around 80% of my videos age restricted in which I swear in. I would also be more worried about other content like beheadings, nudity, torture, gang fights, drug abuse, gun fights etc etc which the vast majority are not age restricted as some can come under educational!

I also disagree to an extent about my gambling being irresponsible. I have budgets per month for my gambling set out by my wife which I cannot go over so I can never do my balls in. Stakes are irrelevant and if you look up gamble awares definition stakes aren't mentioned as its how you act. I'm not saying I'm perfect and probably have done some things that might be considered irresponsible but then at the same time we are talking about casino betting which has a house edge and your guaranteed to lose in the long run so if I decide to lose my money in one session rather than over a few weeks whose to say which one is less responsible?! I also think what is better as a streamer me or someone with no experience, knowledge or history of gambling, portraying gambling is easy to stay in control as they have no real interest in it and merely doing it for business?

I do agree with some of what you have said but I think youtube as a platform could/should do more and maybe just categorise the live streams a bit like twitch currently does or if they don't want gambling content they just need to say as its their platform and they can do as they please. Peace be with you

 
I also disagree to an extent about my gambling being irresponsible. I have budgets per month for my gambling set out by my wife which I cannot go over so I can never do my balls in. Stakes are irrelevant and if you look up gamble awares definition stakes aren't mentioned as its how you act. I'm not saying I'm perfect and probably have done some things that might be considered irresponsible but then at the same time we are talking about casino betting which has a house edge and your guaranteed to lose in the long run so if I decide to lose my money in one session rather than over a few weeks whose to say which one is less responsible?! I also think what is better as a streamer me or someone with no experience, knowledge or history of gambling, portraying gambling is easy to stay in control as they have no real interest in it and merely doing it for business?
This is what I was getting at in my original post. I enjoy watching your streams because you are a gambler and are always chasing that big win it makes for massive entertainment.  Out of all the streamers I watch I would have to say you are the only real one that I think gambles because you love it.  There are to many now that see it as a business and just have their silly schedules for streams and the minute the stream goes over what their schedule says they stop.  At least with you if you burn all your limits for that day in an hour then stream ends it because you are going for it like us gamblers do.  It makes for much more entertainment and feels real.  For me the other streamers are so robotic its unreal.

I do agree with MisterMyers in that YouTube should be doing more to restrict 18+ content.  I don't agree with him reporting you and other streamers.

P.s - I hope you are enjoying your break but hurry the fuck up back!

 
it must suck for affiliation having half the viewer base cut in two but personally cudnt care less about youtube i only watch pre recorded or big win highlights on there anyway 

 
it must suck for affiliation having half the viewer base cut in two but personally cudnt care less about youtube i only watch pre recorded or big win highlights on there anyway 
I would argue that big win highlights are more dangerous for a gambling addict (who shouldn't be watching any gambling material in the first place) as they don't show the reality of gambling, and that is that you more often than not don't have such wins. At least with live streams you see what playing online is all about - more losing than winning spins and sessions.

If anything, I would hazard a guess that a big win video will prompt an addict to put yet another deposit in he can ill afford to lose rather than watching a streamer lose money during a 3 hour stream.

 
I would argue that big win highlights are more dangerous for a gambling addict (who shouldn't be watching any gambling material in the first place) as they don't show the reality of gambling, and that is that you more often than not don't have such wins. At least with live streams you see what playing online is all about - more losing than winning spins and sessions.

If anything, I would hazard a guess that a big win video will prompt an addict to put yet another deposit in he can ill afford to lose rather than watching a streamer lose money during a 3 hour stream.
Interesting what you say about big win videos.  Do you think then that Casinogrounds shouldn't have "streamers biggest wins" videos that they put up because its more likely to effect a problem gambler and encourage them to deposit and play?

 
I do wonder sometimes if streamers develop issues with gambling.  They can sustain what they do through affiliation but what would happen if the affiliation dried up and they had to constantly use savings/other earnings to fund their streams?

Would this create a problem for them or are they able to take it or leave it when it comes to gambling?

 
I would argue that big win highlights are more dangerous for a gambling addict (who shouldn't be watching any gambling material in the first place) as they don't show the reality of gambling, and that is that you more often than not don't have such wins. At least with live streams you see what playing online is all about - more losing than winning spins and sessions.

If anything, I would hazard a guess that a big win video will prompt an addict to put yet another deposit in he can ill afford to lose rather than watching a streamer lose money during a 3 hour stream.
yeah i agree with you in part that someone could watch a channel featuring just big wins could be swayed, i mean for me just pre recorded like dazza g or bandit where you see features etc win or lose, personally i dont watch any gambling streams on youtube as most of them the comments are a cesspit thats what i was getting at rather than any gambling problem implications.

 
Interesting what you say about big win videos.  Do you think then that Casinogrounds shouldn't have "streamers biggest wins" videos that they put up because its more likely to effect a problem gambler and encourage them to deposit and play?
Big win videos are big win videos, irrespective who produces them and that includes Casinogrounds but also my Youtube channel.

But, as I said, the crux of the matter is that problem gamblers should not be watching ANY gambling material on the internet. I have consistently said this throughout a variety of topics here on the forum.

 
@Arcade_Pusher even with affiliation you see a lot of streamers on break. Sometimes its just REALLY bad and you're forced to stop playing. I myself have been VERY lucky, but not everyone is. Personally having kids as well, if I can't afford I will stop. Was running really bad a couple of weeks ago, but was lucky and had a good chunk of winnings. Thats how this business is, up & down.. Compared to "normal" affiliation (links only etc.), streamers risk a hell of a lot more than others.

 
They are fine with opening lootboxes on stream, but you can't stream slots?  Youtube are hypocrites and don't deserve the platform.  I would happily quit youtube for something better at this point.

 
Hi, everybody! Youtube everything also blocks channels without the reason? I from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvU22lwa1-zigYGkAKBVtMw channel whether there are some news how to avoid blocking? We saw that you "LetsGiveItASpin" have strima as well as at "Casino Daddy". With the reference in the description on the website whether you can help us? In replacements we will cooperate, our average online 5k the audience, we will exchange the audience. Do you have some information guys?
Thanks

 
Update: More streamers including Nickslots and Slotspinner have also recieved bans. I feel we're getting mixed messaged all the time of what's allowed and what's not all the time... Still no clear reasoning to why they are doing this.

Hi, everybody! Youtube everything also blocks channels without the reason? I from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvU22lwa1-zigYGkAKBVtMw channel whether there are some news how to avoid blocking? We saw that you "LetsGiveItASpin" have strima as well as at "Casino Daddy". With the reference in the description on the website whether you can help us? In replacements we will cooperate, our average online 5k the audience, we will exchange the audience. Do you have some information guys?
Thanks
I'm not really following, correct me if I'm wrong but you got unbanned and then you want to know how to avoid getting banned again? I'm not really sure why some get banned, some unbanned and some don't get the ban lifted.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top