Netherlands: Dutch market online gambling regulated October 1st, 2021

typical dutch bureaucracy that everything is on black or not yet operational even tho casino have licences. Guess no one wants to be the first one to fuck it up and get fined :P     

 
Rocketcasino.com still showing "restricted country" I do hope they open shop for us because in the past this was a very solid casino, No lowered RTP version of slots and all the good providers like NoLimitCity, so if we can play on here again than I have no complain.

I also wonder if Holland Casino Online is going to offer more software providers, this could either be amazing or horrible, depends on if they understand we will not accept the low RTP from LAN based without the "IRL casino mood" but I kind of doubt they will and I dont expect the online providers we are used to.

My advice would be, stop playing on any unlicensed casino if they still "accept" you, seeing this as a safer environment for us gamblers, and if you win really big who is going to help you if the unlicensed casino does not pay out? no one!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Could play today on an old account of Spinia. Then during the day some games wouldn't load anymore. And just now got a message because of restrictions blablabla. Probably slowly updating their serverpark.

So spinia has stopped for Dutch players as well.
 

 
Rocketcasino.com still ..

Holland Casino Online .. 
The brand name of Rocketcasino for the Netherlands is Bataviacasino.nl
I have read elsewhere that they are planning to open after the weekend.

Holland Casino Online: yes I am anxious as well to see which slots providers they are going to work with, other than Playtech. 

General update: the problems with problem gambler's register Crux have not been resolved before the last deadline 17:00 CEST,
resulting in that none of the newly licensed casino's have been able to open shop yet.
Kansspelautoriteit has announced to give an update at 20:00u tonight.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not previously mentioned: Will Hill has stopped offering gambling services to Dutch per today as well.

 
The thing I fear most is the quality of the Dutch casino's is gonna be very poor.
With poor interface, games, reward programs & promotions.

Amateurism at a new level and pure lack of innovation. HC; Same old, same old..
Main focus seems to be live games and sports betting, in which I have zero interest.

Once the bigger brands join the market, I wonder how restricted they are.
Maybe it's not gonna be that bad, I guess it took a while in the UK till they destroyed it.

Simplecasino/Boomcasino are still open. The live chat said they will come with an update by email.
They did restrict registration quite a while ago already, so I expect them to close soon.
 

 
Videoslot deposit  through trustly got me redirected to austria , so maybe skrill?? But i`m not gonna test it .

I`m just gonna weather the storm.😃

 
^^ wow thank you I see and was not aware of fines for playing on illegal casino's.
Going to lookup the legislation about this to verify.

 
Trustly isn't available anymore on the Betpoint Group casinos (21.com, UltraCasino, Justspin, NeonVegas, NitroCasino, RapidCasino). Instead you can use Sofort, creditcard, Revolut or Muchbetter

 
Check this rule out if you play on a casino without the Dutch license, you can get fined up to 8.700 euros

Let op: als u gokt bij een spel zonder vergunning loopt u het risico op een boete van 8.700 euro. Als de rechter u straft krijgt u ook een strafblad.

Source: https://kansspelautoriteit.nl/aanpak-misstanden/illegale-online-gokspelen/
That reminds me of all the pirates that would get fined for downloading movies, but I haven't heard about a single soul that ever got fined. 

 
N1interactive removing iDeal from their casinos and seems like they will just let us play which I would not advise you to do, if they can do this and get away with it and maybe even have a license in the future for removing iDeal, this whole thing would not make any sense to me.

This is also the only brand that is sending me emails today with loads of offers.

 
General update: the problems with problem gambler's register Crux have not been resolved before the last deadline 17:00 CEST,
resulting in that none of the newly licensed casino's have been able to open shop yet.
Kansspelautoriteit has announced to give an update at 20:00u tonight.
Kansspelautoriteit has published on its website that the technical problems with Crux are expected to be resolved Monday October 4th at noon.

Until then, no legal online gambling for Dutch and extremely reduced possibilities for illegal gambling :D  
 

 
Kansspelautoriteit has published on its website that the technical problems with Crux are expected to be resolved Monday October 4th at noon.

Until then, no legal online gambling for Dutch and extremely reduced possibilities for illegal gambling :D  
 


As a sportsbetter we still have in-store betting but thats pretty much all. Really sucks, we are such a big and rich country but we cant do the simplest things.

 
Information ;

The outage at the Cruks is taking longer than expected.  The Gaming Authority has just announced that more will be announced on Saturday 2 October at 10 a.m. at the latest.  It was previously expected that the outage would be resolved by 5 p.m.  As a result, it will take a while before online casinos can officially open.

Initially, the Gaming Authority also published that it expects to have solved the problem on Monday, October 4, 12:00 pm.  However, this article has since disappeared from the website.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Admitted that the problem gamblers registration system Crux (actually the name is Cruks, sorry) is not live yet, I strongly believe that by design in some ways it will be a lot more effective and arguably better than some of similar systems used abroad, e.g. Gamstop in the UK.  

Once registered in Cruks, I am confident that it will 100% block you from signing up at any licensed casino and will be impossible to circumvent, because of the use of unique civil BSN number and DigiD .

It might well be flawed in some other ways, yet to be found out.

 

 
That reminds me of all the pirates that would get fined for downloading movies, but I haven't heard about a single soul that ever got fined. 
I guess this time is different as KSA is part of the Dutch Autority. They will and could find out whether you have been gambling on a website outside the licensed casino or not. With illegal films you could still hide yourself through VPN or proxy but this time it is not the case.

Other than that, I can’t imagine as a citizen to gamble on a MGA-licensed casino would fuck me over big time with a fine and even a penalty on my strafblad  (criminal record).

Since when is gambling an criminal offense… hehehe…

 
We are f*cked aren’t we? Even if the sites are online. You have to sign up with your BSN and be completely verified. So the goverment can see everything we do and gamble online, can’t wait to get the blue bill from the ‘Belastingdienst’ saying you won an x-amount then and then. 

 
Back
Top