BerryBurst MAX feedback
Design, Graphics and symbols
At first sight, the overall gameboard is very nice and pleasant for the eye. The background is very colourful, and I really like the gradient colour palette they have used. The spin panel is transparent which I think makes the gameboard “clean” and doesn’t take too much focus. This is something I want to see more often.
All the symbols are made in a “cartoon” like way (means they does not look to realistic) and I think that fits the slot very nice. I also like that the symbols are in constantly motion, it makes the slot lively.
When you get a win, symbols get expanded and make some waves with some really nice graphics added to it. When you hit a wild, it expands fast. No extra teasing just for a wild, good! I noticed that the two BerryBurst Max logos at the sides goes away, and in comes a big BerryBurst Max logo in the background when you get an expanded wild. Might this be the sign of the MAX feature?
Sound fx and music
I love the music! It has such a nice build-up from the start. If I close my eyes I imagine being at the pool, I can feel the fresh hot breeze, the music plays in the background coming from the pool bar, while taking a sip of my margarita drink

I feel the music is varied and last long enough for not to get tired of it. Many slots have a short looping music, but I feel this is one of the best regarding playtime.
When you get a (SUPER) MEGA WIN the music get’s an extra nice loop to it, depending on how big the win is, the loops go further and cooler! Excellent!
The sound fx is a bit too loud compared to the music. When you get a win, I feel the sound is 100% more volume than the music, a bit too much in my opinion. The “bubble sound” when symbols stops really don’t make much sense in the theme. Are the berries in the water, if so, why? Another sound would be better, and not that high volume. I think it ruining the nice music with all that bubble sound, especially if you use quickplay!
Gameplay
I think BerryBurst Max is an easy slot to understand how works. You don’t need to learn what lines pays. All you need to know is that you need 5 symbols to connect. There are not tons of symbols, so is easy to distinguish the different symbols (I have to add this because some slots have symbols that is hard spot the difference, like coins in grey, bronze, silver and gold).
The spinning is just perfect regarding the speed. I feel there is no need to use the quickspin setting on this slot. Perfect!
The Re-spin feature when getting a wild is easy to understand, and basically the same as in Starburst. If you hit a new wild, you get one more spin, and this is obviously the most exciting about this slot. At the time I’ve played, I feel there is a good chance of hitting the 2nd and 3rd wild which will give you some good wins, depending on the wilds are connecting and if you have some premium symbols added to them. What you are looking for, and here is where BerryBurst Max is getting exciting, is the 4th or even 5th wild reel, which will give you a massive win. Even 4 wild reels with the re-spin should give you some huge bananas
Features
Unfortunately, the only feature is the re-spin function when you hit a wild. Even though it can lead to massive wins I feel the slot is lacking features.
Conclusion
I think the music and partially the graphics saves this slot. I am very certain I will drop by this slot occasionally, thanks to the music, but most for the potential of getting a dream hit up to 6000 times your bananas. We have been waiting a long time for another high volatile slot from NetEnt, and finally it’s here. When that is said, I don’t think this was the kind of slot everyone called for. Unless it had one extra feature you can read more about under “my suggestions”
If this had the same volatility as starburst, I’d still swap it for Starburst, but how often would that be?
My suggestions
Everyone loves slots with free spins! There could be scatters with free-spins feature with sticky wild reels when they hit. It’s like re-spins but you have 10 spins to collect wild reels. And why not: if you get 3 scatters with a wild symbol the trigger spin, keep the wild for the free-spins for a better start
Another feature could be triggered when getting 3 wild reels in base game re-spin feature, you are rewarded with 10 free spins with those 3 wilds in there for the free spins, giving you almost guaranteed wins, mega wins and even super mega wins. How awesome would that be? A feeling that can be compared to hitting a wild line in Dead or Alive, you know every rest of the spins is going to be massive! Best feeling for a slot player!
Thank you for reading, I hope you liked my feedback!