Tonight I

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyescasino

New member
 discovered a knack for Basketball betting (everything bar the hawks bet is mine) Placed Hawks bet as a favour because someones tip won me money.

The 11+ margin bet is insane. I saw a pattern as I was watching it and the momentum was heavily with the nets they had improved vastly in the 2nd quarter. Does anyone else like betting on this? it feels untapped for UK (or my time zone +1-2 hours bettors) maybe because of the time of night of the games and its much better betting in play... also had a very near miss of a tie bet +overs 54.5 score was 27-30 3 more points and I'd have netted £60. Pun intended

bball1.jpg

bball2.jpg

 
 discovered a knack for Basketball betting

Does anyone else like betting on this? it feels untapped for UK (or my time zone +1-2 hours bettors) maybe because of the time of night of the games and its much better betting in play... also had a very near miss of a tie bet +overs 54.5 score was 27-30 3 more points and I'd have netted £60. Pun intended
I like to bet a little something on any sports that I watch, and watch a lot of sports because I bet a little something on it.

WRT basketball, I have bet a couple of times on points totals in euroleague/eurocup because of injury and (non) Covid information about the lineups through Rotowire,  trying to be faster than the bookmakers. That went alright.

For college basketball there are some very decent predictive models publicly available.

NBA is one of the largest betting markets and the most competitive.
Because of that I believe that the lines on Betcris or Pinnacle very quickly reflect all pre-match information.

I am assuming that because of the higher juice on live betting and because of Basketball is a game that has been analyzed as nauseum, live betting cannot be beaten just by watching the game. 

(note this is probably different from some e-sports where expert people like anonymousapple or li_sheng may be able to beat the live lines)

Hope you prove me wrong though, best of luck with betting and enjoy the games!

p.s. not mentioned: at the stakes we are betting, making a profit is easily possible when taking advantage of promo's.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think when you are new to betting on any sport if you watch and learn a teams style are they frontrunners entire time or do they have insane comebacks (like the nuggets last night) It's extremely resourceful to watch for those reasons. Thanks for the insights on the game. I really enjoyed watching as well as betting on these games. The Nets seem to be the best or at least top 3 best in the league hard to separate the Magic and the wizards both about as good as each other the Nuggets seem to leave it until last couple of quarters to get going on their opponents(play far better under pressure) 

 
image.png.8c4b3f703376675c8b0b3504dc7fea59.png


image.png

Ill need to keep going with these overs bets :D  

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't bet on Basketball myself but i had a wee pal on FB who tried it a few times for a couple of hundred pounds at a time on margin's , handicap betting etc etc , he was posting copies of his big win's to me on FB messenger and said it was easy money , needless to say his purple patch hit the skids and he ended up losing his arse over and over , he was doing 2k a mth for mths on end and hardly bet a winner , he's now on the lookout for a room as his mom ended up throwing him out for paying no housekeeping , stealing from her purse , and other naughty things that i will not mention on here.

I hope it pays for you pal but the above story put me off from betting on any sport i know eff all about       🙂

 
I don't bet on Basketball myself but i had a wee pal on FB who tried it a few times for a couple of hundred pounds at a time on margin's , handicap betting etc etc , he was posting copies of his big win's to me on FB messenger and said it was easy money , needless to say his purple patch hit the skids and he ended up losing his arse over and over , he was doing 2k a mth for mths on end and hardly bet a winner , he's now on the lookout for a room as his mom ended up throwing him out for paying no housekeeping , stealing from her purse , and other naughty things that i will not mention on here.

I hope it pays for you pal but the above story put me off from betting on any sport i know eff all about       🙂
Oh don't worry man. I am very controlled with my sports betting. These days I'm not doing much more than £5-10 max a bet. That's the high end, usually bet £1-3 per bet. 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top