Sweet Success Megaways by Blueprint Gaming is a 6-reel & 7-row online slot with 117649 Megaways and a 96.06% RTP. Playable on all devices from €0,2 to €10 per spin, Sweet Success Megaways is a high volatility game with a max win capped at 10000x your stake.
Tip: This title makes use of the Megaways mechanic. For a complete list of all games with this function, see our Megaways slots page
Design & Symbols
The design is bright, fruity, creamy, and delicious, like something you’d expect to see on a guided tour of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. The scene has sauce-topped ice cream mountains in the background with hills adorned with colourful boiled sweets and fruit gums in the foreground. A pink and white striped candy cane frames the gameboard with its translucent purple reels. To the left of the gameboard stands a tall glass cylinder with numerous level markings, and to the right is the play button, designed as a swirling piece of purple and white candy. Play is accompanied by a suitably swirling, happy, upbeat almost psychedelic soundtrack.
Low value symbols are the standard playing card values 9-A. Premium symbols are green, blue, and red sweets, with the game’s logo as the highest value symbol paying 50x the stake for 6 adjacent symbols. There is a mystery symbol labelled ‘super sweet’, a chocolate and candy covered bomb as the wild, and the scatter (only available in the bonus round) is a red and white swirling candy.
- Cascading Symbols with Reaction Wins
- Mystery Symbol
- Pick ‘n Mix Features
- Bonus Money Train
- Free Spins with Unlimited Win Multipliers
Cascading Symbols with Reaction Wins
When a win lands, the symbols making up the win disappear and new symbols cascade into their place. New wins (reaction wins) created by the cascade repeat the cycle until no new win is created. Cascading symbols appear in both the base and bonus game.
The Mystery Symbol often land in abundance across the reels and transform into a random regular symbol at the completion of the spin thus creating more opportunities for a winning spin. Mystery Symbols land in both the base game and during free spins.
Pick ‘n Mix Features
3, 4, or 5 consecutive reaction wins award the following three levels of Pick ‘n’ Mix features.
- Pick ‘n’ Mix. 3 reaction wins take you to a a creamy landscape resembling a snow scene. This is a pick bonus with sweeties scattered across the screen, each concealing cash, or a number of free spins. The game is played out in a ‘Deal or No Deal’ format, with the cash and free spins values listed to the left and right of the sweets. Picked values are removed and at the end of each round a cash deal is offered to quit the feature. If you decline another round of picks takes place. If you decline all offers you will be left with just two sweets and corresponding values from the list. One of the sweets is assigned to you and its value is revealed as your win.
- Super Pick ‘n’ Mix. Four reaction wins take you to the second level Pick 'n' Mix feature. The format is identical but with less cash wins and more free spins available.
- Mega Pick ‘n’ Mix. Triggered by landing five reaction wins in the base game, the Mega pic ‘n’ mix feature plays as above but with all the cash values removed. This is the only pick ‘n’ mix feature to guarantee free spins.
Bonus Money Train
Take an offer between picks rather than continue in any of the Pick ‘n’ Mix features and there is a chance the Bonus Money Train arrives with an extra bonus of either cash or free spins.
Free Spins with Unlimited Win Multiplier
The cascading symbols with reaction wins play out during the bonus round only this time with each win a win multiplier is added. The multiplier doesn’t reset when the cascading win streak ends. Each subsequent win adds to the win multiplier until the free spins are complete. During the free spins round the scatter symbols appear on the horizontal top reel. 3 or 4 scatters landing during free spins adds an additional 5 or 10 free spins.
Our Thoughts on Sweet Success Megaways
Any Megaways afficionado will have worked out by now that Sweet Success Megaways is basically a clone of Blueprint’s September 2019 release, Deal or No Deal Megaways, albeit with a slightly higher RTP. Strangely this didn’t affect my enjoyment of the game as theme-wise the two games couldn’t be more different. The intensity of Deal or No Deal is not on the radar, rather this gentle romp through a fantasy world of ice cream mountains and ever-lasting gobstoppers. It is destined to always be the underperforming little sibling of Deal or No Deal as branded slots are generally going to appeal to more people than a non-branded version of the same game. Nevertheless, it does provide a more jolly experience than the quiz show format and is well worth playing if you enjoyed the format of the original. Also, and this might be a minor point, but the rounds between the base game and the bonus game definitely help you get more bang for your buck in terms of play-time. Your bankroll will last significantly longer playing Sweet Success Megaways than your average highly volatile Megaways slot. This may not appeal to the volatility chasers, but it certainly has its merits. In summary I would posit that although the mechanic is nothing new, Sweet Success Megaways provides a decent alternative to rival slots and is worth a punt.