Play Gemix on
Gemix by Play'n GO released on 09.12.2014 is a 7-reel & 7-row online slot with cluster pay and a 96.75% RTP. This is a gem-themed game offering players a max win of up to 3000x their stake. Gemix can be played on all devices from €0.5 to €100 per spin and is considered a low volatility game.
Community Big Wins
Design and Symbols
The highest paying symbol in Gemix is the yellow star gem and the lowest paying symbol is the blue square gem. Each world you are taken to changes its background to reflect the life of the main character on your right. The miner will take you to his workplace; the girl will take you to what is probably her palace and the wizard will take you to his library. The gamification aspect of this game is noteworthy in the sense that to move from one level to another, and one world to another, you must complete the patterns on your right. To complete this pattern, you must form winning combinations on the glowing squares and turn them from blue to yellow.
The great thing about special features in Gemix is that they trigger very often. In fact, the special features here are quite similar to those in Reactoonz, with the difference that when fully charged, there is only a 3x multiplier, and two out of four randomly triggered features.
If the winning combos include 20 or more symbols during a spin one of the four random features is triggered.
- Nova Blast will make one gem explode, and that will also destroy all adjacent symbols.
- Crystal Warp allows for one random symbol to be picked and all matching symbols are transformed into other, hopefully, higher paying symbols.
- Light Beam will make one symbol blast a ray of light horizontally and vertically, transforming all symbols touched by the light into matching symbols.
- Chain Lightning in which a flash of lightning joins two opposing corners, changing all symbols in its path to match those corners.
If the winning combos include 40 or more symbols during a spin, all winning combos on that spin are subjected to a 3x multiplier.
Three Unique Characters
The wild symbols on Gemix are randomly awarded by one of the three main characters. These characters populate each of the three worlds of the game. To go from one world to the next the player must complete three patterns. When all patterns have been turned yellow the player will advance to the next world. As mentioned, each world has its unique character that randomly awards wilds.
- The first world has the Miner who adds 10 wild symbols on random locations on the reels.
- The second world has the Lollipop Girl who spreads wilds in a specific pattern across the screen.
- The third world has the Magician who will grant up to eight spellbook sticky wilds which will remain in place as long as winning combos are made.
Reviewers’ thoughts on Gemix
What we liked about the game are the abundantly triggered special features that keep you entertained for a very long time. A combination of all the different worlds, levels and characters kept us quite busy throughout the 20 minutes that we gave Gemix some spins. We did not have that much time to go past level 10 ourselves, but we are hoping that you have more patience than us and can reach a much higher level. If you do, make sure to comment on our forums with what happens once you reach the highest level possible, as we are quite curious to find out. Does the game end? Do you keep on going? Do you win bigger? We’ll wait for you to tell us!