Dead Man's Trail by Relax Gaming is a 5-reel & 4-row online slot with 40 paylines and a 98.00% RTP. Playable on all devices from €0.1 to €20 per spin, Dead Man's Trail is a very high volatility game with a max win capped at 50000x your stake.
- Feature Buy
- Bonus feature with 11 modifiers
- Coin feature with instant prizes
Dead Man's Trail is a brand new slot released by Relax Gaming, with a fun looking pirate theme going on. However, you shouldn't be expecting anything silly, jolly and colourful as Relax Gaming has gone for a pretty dark and sinister kind of pirate theme. The pirates you will be getting to know here are far from anything like Mr. Jack Sparrow and more like the kind of guy you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, or on a pirate ship for that matter. This is far from a complaint though, anything grim and sinister in connection with pirates is more than welcome in our book.
There seems to be plenty in place here to keep you entertained too, with a total of 3 special features to keep an eye out for. Two of them are even slightly unusual which we always like to see. You have a Coin feature where instant wins are possible, however the most rewarding feature is without a doubt the Trail Bonus feature with an impressive amount of 11 modifiers.
Where to play
How to win big in Dead Man's Trail – Trail Bonus feature
Trigger the Trail Bonus feature by landing 3 or more bonus symbols. In the feature you will be moving around on the 37 positions on the board, pretty much looking like a board game. Should you land on a normal tile you will win the coin value that is attached to it and there are also start tiles which will reset all the action.
The most interesting items here are however the Mystery Chests. Should you land on one of these you will be winning 1 of the 11 modifiers. When a normal or mystery tile has been played, you will see this being turned into an end tile. When landing on an end tile, the feature will end.
- Scout – boosts value of a randomly chosen tile by 100, 200, 500 or 1 000x your total stake Persistent Scout – the same as the standard scout, but active at the end of every turn until the feature is ended
- One eye – between 2 and 4 tiles get a multiplier between x2 and x5 Persistent One eye – the same as the standard one eye, but acts as the end of every turn until the feature is ended
- Commander – all tiles are boosted by 3, 4 or 5 Persistent Commander – the same as the standard commander, but acts at the end of every turn until the feature is ended
- Collector – values from the normal tiles are added together to give a total win Collect & Command – values from all normal tiles are combined and then added to each normal tiles and also to the total win
- Reset – end tiles will be replaced by normal tiles with a random coin value on each of them
- Super Reset – all end tiles will be replaced by Mystery Chests
- Coin Win – this delivers a payout of 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 or 50x your total stake and added to the total win
- Coin Feature
- Feature Buy
Coin symbols come with a cash value attached to them. These as well as the Coin Feature will be triggered if you manage to land a coin on 3 or more reels during the same spin. These values will be attached to the coins that are added together in order to give you an instant win.
The third special feature is the Feature Buy allowing you to buy your way into the Trail Bonus feature for 100x your total stake also making the RTP increase to 98%.
Look and Feel of Dead Man's Trail
The design and overall look of the game is impressive, you will find yourself in the middle of a storm at a port. The graphics are dark, gritty and sinister looking, certainly fitting the whole “Dead Man's” theme as we kept on waiting to a see a ghost or two here and there.
With a huge ship on one side of the screen and some mountains along with a house on the other and some people walking around on the docks, it all brings the game to life.
On the reel set which has been framed by rope, you will be seeing a total of 4 low value symbols represented by the standard royals, the only disappointing part of the design in our opinion.
The high value symbols are instead represented by members of the pirate crew, the highest valued one being the bald pirate covered in tattoos and scars.
disclaimer: the game’s RTP and min/max bet may vary depending on operator and jurisdiction. Use our data as a pointer, but always make sure you check the real RTP by locating the help file directly in the game itself once loaded.