[SCAM ALERT] Euronet ATMs charge 10% on top for cash withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casinolandstreaming

Casino streamer
Hello guys,

Not sure if I posted it in correct section.

I honestly should have posted this long long time ago, but to my shame I totally forgot about this and only recent article in our local news reminded me that I was going to do this. My post is about one of the biggest scams in banking industry - Euronet WordWide and their ATMs.

So, this July I was in Croatia and was going to make a cash withdrawal of about $235 or 1600 HRK (Croatian Kunas). The first ATM I spotted was Euronet ATM, but when I tried to withdraw money, I noticed that the ATM offered me to convert local 1600 HRK into my card’s currency (USD). This process is called Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) and I strongly advise you not to accept DCC anywhere, since in most cases conversion rate is horrible.

In my case $235 cash withdrawal would have turned into $267 Euronet if I agreed on DCC. That is almost 10.5% on top of what my bank would charge (my bank charges 1.5% + $1 for every abroad ATM cash withdrawal).

I also created a video to show you how much Euronet charges for cash withdrawals with DCC:



I hope this will help you to avoid unnecessary charges while you are travelling abroad. Also, if you have Euronet ATMs in your city / country, I would strongly recommend you to stop using them.

Also, DO NOT ACCEPT DCC REQUESTS ANYWHERE (you may be offered DCC not only for cash withdrawals, but in cafe, shops, restaurants, online shopping etc)

If you have any questions / comments - please, let me know.

Cheers!
Viktar.
 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great article.
I can also recommend this YT video that hightlights the same issue:





 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top