How To Solve Black Screen in OBS Studio
Open Broadcasting Software is a free to use app, for streaming live content. It is widely popular among newer streamers who would rather not invest in other Broadcasting Softwares that charge a subscription fee for usage. With that being said, some issues seem to be popping up more often than others. The most common problems faced by users are :
- While capturing display, OBS shows a black screen.
- While streaming or capturing a game, OBS blacks out.
- Why is my OBS showing my monitor black?
- OBS game capture is not working.
Their problems are very similar, Why does OBS show me a blacked out screen?
If one or all of these questions have popped up in your head at least once earlier, this is the right article for you.
Now lets get into What YOU can do to fix this.
- Launch the game you’d like to stream.
- Right click on OBS to pull up a menu and select Add. Name the file as you please.
- In the ‘game capture’ box pull out the drop down menu at the top and select the game you want to capture. Then check the box titled, ‘anti-cheat and compatibility hooking’ and click okay.
Fixing the problem with NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Select “ Manage 3D Settings”.
- Click on “Program Settings”.
- Pull up OBS from the programs list. Add it if not there.
- Open the App folder and select OBS64 or OBS32.
- Tick “show only programs”.
- Select “High-Performance NVIDIA Processor”.
Disable Compatibility Mode
OBS is a desktop app, which can be forced to run in Compatibility Mode by Windows. To disable this,
- Right click the shortcut that you use to launch it.
- From Context menu, select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and disable “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
After following these steps, finally, run OBS, right click it and choose “ Run as Administrator”.
The next time you try to record or capture a game, you will notice it works seamlessly for you now without any obstacles.