[GIVEAWAY] Montezuma Megaways (WMS/SG Digital)

Skylined87

229x my best result in many bonuses, probably near 50 tries. another one just for the random draw :(

There is one thing i really dislike about this slot, and that is the wheel. I know its rigged, but as a player i want the feeling the result is random. But of all the bonuses i've had, it always land on either 12 or 14 spins, and all re-triggers on 4 spins. only one time did i get 16 spins. Always landing next to the blue section with more spins or multipliers. So the wheel does in no way feel random at all, they could just save themselves for the wheel and just pick from a low selection of spins, where 25spins or 50x-100x wasnt even a option... it would feel more realistic.

montezuma-megaways-229x.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first end i guess last bonus i got on this for a while since the basegame is really boring. i like how the bonus works and to chance you get to multiplier the bonus outcome at the end with 2 scatters. but not worth to grind this slot for ages to get finally a bonus. just my opinion. maybe i have luck this time with the random pick for the giveaway. GL to everyone else 

Screenshot (432).png

I played couple thousand spins and did some bonus buys on top of that. Luckily managed to finally get decent start with with 30 spins resulting a nice 693x win. Played on leovegas. 

Ok, so my thought on the game: I like megaways games, but this personally didn't come my favorite. The biggest issue as said countless times in this thread is the base game. The symbol values and wins are very much on low side and also it is quite slow to play. Because of this the reel feature feels pretty unnecessary and irrelevant. Overall the base game lacks that excitement factor that draw me playing it for longer times. I will admit that it doesn't drain balance that quick, so I guess that is something. The base game could either have higher paying symbols or as somebody suggested it could have the Carnival Queen style base game multiplier. Another solution could be that the reel feature would have multiplier wilds/ symbols on it. Meaning when the reel feature would activate the symbols on it would get 2x value multiplier on the first rotation, 3x on the second rotation etc... Any of these changes would make the base game more enjoyable and exciting. I wouldn't mind  if the hits were less frequent because of this. 

Ok, so the bonus game is pretty decent and I like the idea of retrigger adding multipliers. Especially the one were it has the potential of multiplying the win if it occurs on the last spins is nice. I do think however that they could make the extra scatters bit more meaningful when triggering or retriggering the bonus. No matter how many scatters I triggered the bonus it was almost always 12 or 14 spins (expect this one lucky time I got 30). Also when retriggering the bonus and adding multipliers to it, same thing. No matter how many scatters I got it still always went for the 4x or occasional 5x. In my opinion it would be more rewarding if the game would remove the lower amount of spins and lower multipliers accordingly when you get extra scatters. Personally I wouldn't mind if they gave up the bonus guarantee win in order to give little bit better chance to win big. Now it felt the bonus paid very often between 30x and 60x. Overall a decent game with some potential, but I think the base game really needs something extra to make it interesting. 

montezuma 693x.jpg

My best bonus was 179x. My thoughts:

Base game - Value of the symbols too low, makes you think you need a million megaways to get anything decent. It's one to play in the background until you get the bonus game.

Bonus game - I wish they had kept the format similar to the original, same with raging rhino and just made it megaways. Another megaways game where the multiplier goes up by one each time is getting a bit boring now. But i don't really dislike it and see how it can be exciting if you get the multiplier really big.

montey179x.thumb.png.4abec6b82ae648d6e7328d60c3a67c53.png

Thank you for the good promo.

The image below represents the biggest X win during 1536 spins on varying stakes, total RTP of sessions 81%, 10 bonuses triggered. 8 out of 10 returned max 50x (usually the bonus guarantee). Based on this run I would not play it again without an incentive (such as this promotion) and the fact that it will eventually be nerfed.

The game in overall reminds me too much of BTG's Donuts. Nevertheless, the bonus guarantee and last spin win multiplier are appealing. Otherwise, the game is only about triggering the bonus. The basegame offers nothing to a random player spinning 100-200 spins for an obvious bonus guarantee around 80% of sessions. I expect the lifetime of this game to be very short, in 6-12 months nobody will really remember it nor play it again.

Some feedback to the publisher SG Interactive:

I have a long history of playing different games on varying stakes in online gaming.

Firstly, Raging Rhino and the original Montezuma used to be my favourites until the notorious HTML5 update. After that, both of those games became unplayable since best return realistically became the bonus guarantee. Obviously you can see a drop during that incident, unless it was intentional nerfing to lose players and income to your company.

Montezuma megaways however is better than Raging Rhino megaways, which offers very low entertainment and realistically low expected returns. Perhaps with Rhino the goal was to offer a game with high X returns, yet the cost for a game publisher is that the lifetime is short in a competitive landscape. In this respect the originals were seriously good games that were played for years until the HTML5 update.

Pros (+) and cons (-) shortly below:

- Game is still buggy and laggy on different browsers

- The wheels on spins and multipliers are heavily rigged against the player: it visually appears equally hard to land on a high amount than a low amount. All 10 bonuses I triggered, were either 12 or 14 spins, therefore my trust in the game is gone. Furthermore, the wheels should visually display the realistic outcomes equivalent to a roulette wheel (e.g. lower amounts in Montezuma should cover larger segments on the wheel).

- Basegame offers nothing to the player

+ The bonus guarantee with the last spin win multiplier are the best features

+ Visually the megaways and the assisting symbols are a sound solution to the megaways structure

monte.png

I did couple of thousand spins including bonus buys and best one was 369x. I kinda like that the game is so bonus heavy and you are guaranteed 30x win from bonus if you managed to get it. Game is also great for wagering bonuses as it doesn't rip your balance too quickly but they should definitely change correlation between main game and bonus game wins to more likely to get at least some big wins in main game. Now main game has 0 potential to win any decent win.

montee.png

Alright - Preliminary draws have been made, after your entries are confirmed, the prizes will be credited and the winners will be considered as final.

IMPORTANT: Not all of you have read the rules of competition and there were a lot of entries which wouldn't be valid because of that (you haven't posted your thoughts on the slot). This will be last promotion I'll make exception for those entries to count as valid.
For future promotions please read the entry requirements or they won't be counted for the prizes.

With that being said, the draws:

Top 5 x wins:

1. @commander_dicksquad
2. @vanHooff
3. @Avidgambler
4. @shaundasschaf
5. @Boulder

Highest wheel multiplier:

@PanzerRabbit

Random prize draw:

@chrizztospinja @ast0n @Nelan @Grigu @gubbenscf @Emsydi

I will send PM shortly.

• Skylined87 unfeatured and unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, EternalFreeze said:

A real shame sweden was excluded, i had this on leovegas 😞

Screenshot_20200131-154329_Chrome.jpg

Well if it makes you feel any better that would have been good just for a draft entry. The highest achieved multiplier for the special prize was over 100 and the total win x on it is too low to compete for the win x prizes. Shame that you didn't  hit bigger with such nice multiplier.

Archived