Danger! High Voltage - Technical Analysis (The best symbol on Gates of Hell and other info)

The Reel Story

So Danger! High Voltage is, like many others, my favourite slot. So I decided to do some digging around on some of the things that I had questions on and I turned up some pretty interesting information. If you have any questions of your own. Feel free to ask!

I'll do a video at some point explaining all of this, but for now I figured i'd just post it. So here we go:

Q: Do the reel sets change in the bonus rounds?

A: Yes. There are 14 reel sets for Danger! High Voltage in all. 1 is the base game, 10 are the Gates of Hell sets (depending on the symbol you get) and 3 are for the High Voltage bonus round.

Q: So the reel sets change for Gates of Hell. What is the best symbol to be given then?

A: Nine, but here is a list of the symbol frequency on reels 2-5 in order of best to worst (the higher the frequency the better). Taco is a surprisingly good symbol.

Symbol Frequency
Nine 41
King 40
Taco 38
Ace 38
Queen 36
Ten 36
Jack 34
Disco Ball 29
Bell 28
Skull 25

Q: What about wilds and x6 wilds, are they symbols on the reels?

A: No, it appears not. Despite the fact that, graphically, you see them spinning past, it appears they can just substitute randomly on reels 2-5. I don't know the probabilities, that will be held on the game server.

Q: What about wilds on the High Voltage feature?

A: Same as above, it seems they occur randomly as a substitute for whatever symbols are on the reels.

Q: You said there are 3 reel sets for the High Voltage feature? What do they do?

A: This is an interesting one. It seems that every spin in High Voltage selects one of 3 reel sets at random (specifically, reel sets 8, 10 and 12). It seems like there is different levels of generosity between the 3. So reel set 8 is the worst, whereas 12 is the best. 12 adds an extra 5 bonus symbols and an extra 6 skulls as well as adding more high paying symbols while removing low paying ones. So you may find that, if you've had a REALLY good run on High Voltage, you were lucky enough to get reel sets 10 and 12 on most of your spins, whereas if you have a shocking run, you were probably getting reel set 8 most of the time.

Q: Does this mean I have to get good reel sets to win anything on High Voltage?

A: No, you can still get retriggers and big hits, even on reel set 8. You just have a higher chance of those things on sets 10 and 12.

• 1 month later...

I did a bit more analysis on Gates of Hell for my upcoming video that goes deep into the game explaining how it all works (The Reel  Story on YouTube if you're interested).

What I wanted to look at was the frequency of the symbols on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5, rather than just the total. This threw up some interesting insights. You can see below how the frequency of symbols gets much less on reels 4 and 5, meaning getting wilds on every reel is actually quite difficult (makes sense as that is what gives you the biggest wins) but some symbols are far less likely to give you the across the board hit than others.

I.E, Disco Balls only having 1 instance on Reel 4 means it's REALLY hard to get a full line, let alone re-trigger on Reel 4.

Taco's and Kings, while having a high number of symbols, really lowers on reel 5, meaning the full line is less likely.

9's are well balanced, but actually have less chance to fill up reels 2 and 3 than many other symbols, so this may explain why people get 9's on a bonus and it sucks (because all the wilds are on reels 4 and 5). I found it pretty interesting!

Symbol Total Frequency Reel 2 Frequency Reel 3 Frequency Reel 4 Frequency Reel 5 Frequency
Nine 41 11 8 12 10
King 40 12 14 11 3
Taco 38 13 13 10 2
Ace 38 13 14 6 5
Queen 36 13 15 4 4
Ten 36 12 14 8 2
Jack 34 12 14 4 4
Disco Ball 29 10 14 1 4
Bell 28 13 10 3 2
Skull 25 4 15 3 3

Shout if you have questions.

1 hour ago, Retrikkeri said:

This gives meaning, Ks and 9s are my favorites. Wonder how often skulls are on reel 1 in the bonus or if they are deleted completely? ?

Ooo, excellent and interesting question.

So in the base game and in all 3 of the High Voltage reel sets, there are 8 occurrences of the Skull on Reel 1.

In Gates of Hell, on all 10 reel sets, Reel 1 is exactly the same and there are only 2 occurrences of the Skull. So that is 8 reel stop positions out of 175 where a Skull would be visible, or put another way, 4.571% chance of landing a Skull on the first reel (if my maths is correct).

On 07/04/2019 at 00:49, The Reel Story said:

Ooo, excellent and interesting question.

So in the base game and in all 3 of the High Voltage reel sets, there are 8 occurrences of the Skull on Reel 1.

In Gates of Hell, on all 10 reel sets, Reel 1 is exactly the same and there are only 2 occurrences of the Skull. So that is 8 reel stop positions out of 175 where a Skull would be visible, or put another way, 4.571% chance of landing a Skull on the first reel (if my maths is correct).

I found my login details again but I really wanna say that I appreciate this kind of posts, thanks for this!

Archived