Taxes

sharpe1

My understanding is that you need to pay 25% tax on the wins if it exceeds 10.000 NOK on that game round. 

I have however heard that it might be different due to Norsk Tipping introduced NetEnt etc so would not take my word for it.

Except jackpot wins I've never heard about any problems not paying though - But naturally always best to play it safe when it comes to taxes.

I will contact skatteetaten over the new year and ask for advice as I this fall have had a good run with cashouts of:

24k in sept and a 9k, 7k now in december. I will provide proof as far as I am able to show them only one win was over the limit of 10k and see what they say. Still not in the blue for 2018 in regards to gambling but it could have been so much worse.

I think the interpretation for NetEnt slots is as long as NT is providing said game (example Gonzo) and as long as you don`t bet higher than what NT allow, it`s tax-exempt . Meaning for instance you won the Megafortune Midi for 80k NOK you would have to pay tax since this game is not in NTs portfolio. And if you bet 20NOK on Gonzo with a 2000x win you would not have to pay taxes.

So if NT DID provide Megafortune and you bet 2.50NOK a spin and won the big one, it would be tax free. But I am not sure about this. In any case, for me all this Tax stuff in Norway is just a bunch of bullshit.

So much for the Blue goverment muppets.....

Archived