question about taxes on winnings (netherlands)

gokgijs

I hope somebody can help me with a question about paying taxes over your winnings.

I just won 18.000 e on Dreamvegas this month. Biggest hit was 11.000 something euros and some other less bigger hits. Now I want to cashout, but a friend of mine mentioned paying taxes.

Do any of you people here (especcially from the Netherlands) have any experience in this?

I looked it up, but it says in a very general way that you should personally fill in a taxform and get taxed 31% of all your winning, minus the money you invested in getting those winnings.

A long story short, what are your experiences? Any tips, hints or clues, I'd hate to give away my money if its not nescecarry.

thanks in advance

ps: the game of choice was Bonanza with a 10 e per spin bonus that paid over a 1000 x ;)

I know there is some law that says if you already pay taxes in another country (Of the provider you're winning in) You dont have to pay taxes again in the netherlands.. The tax rates in that other country might be lower than 31% so maybe see if you can get away with a lesser tax that way.

I know that winnings above 450€ or something should have taxes on them.. but I dont know about amounts that big!

Gratz on the win.

Archived