Video Slot Review – Golden Colts - Play’n Go
Enter the wild west with a difference. This time around, you will not be a cowboy or a sheriff. In Play’n Go’s slot game Golden Colts, you will be a bounty hunter hunting down the evils of the village.
The wild west is expecting you to play along in Play’n Go’s slot game Golden Colts. We are sure you have seen this theme used over and over again. In Golden Colts, we find a bonus game with a potential of seven outcomes!. This five reel, 40 pay line slot game has an RTP of 96.5% and a medium volatility. You can bet anything between 0.20 to 100, and hope to get as many bonus games as possible during your spins.
Design and Symbols
Enter what looks like a hellish version of the wild wild west, with purple mist covering the background of your reels as you bounty hunt for the golden colts and the dead sheriff.
The highest paying symbol of all is the wild and you can recognise it as the golden bull with the words wild beneath it. The wild substitutes for all symbols except for the scatter. The higher paying symbols are made up of what seems to be the dead sheriff followed by the deadly golden colts. The A-9 make up the lower paying symbols. The scatter symbol is a grey skull with glimmering blue eyes.
The music of Golden Colts sounds much like a deadlier version of your typical wild west music, with trumpet and guitar sounds joining in on a win, or when things get a bit more exciting. During the bonus game, the music changes to a different kind of tune, more upbeat and better reflecting of the anticipation that comes with a bonus game where you do not really know the outcome.
The special features in Golden Colts consist of a bonus game with a possibility of seven outcomes.
Six of these outcomes will definitely award you free spins, but in one of them, free spins are only a possibility.
The Golden Colts’ cylinder
Whenever you get three scatters anywhere on your reel, these trigger the Golden Colts’ cylinder. The cylinder looks exactly like a gun cylinder that spins in order to award you one of the following seven outcomes:
[gallery type="slideshow" link="none" size="large" ids="19073,19071,19072"]
- Gunslinger Feature: one free spin with a multiplier of anything between 5x and 30x applied to your wins.
- Furies Feature: one free spin with two 2x2 girl golden colts sticking to your reel. The best part about this feature is that you get re-spins until you are awarded a win.
- Law of the Wild: one free spin with the dead sheriff symbol stacked on reels two, three and four. If after the free spin, the dead sheriff is still covering the same reels you get a re-spin. During the re-spin, those symbols become a one 3x3 block and remain sticky throughout.
- Poker Play Feature: one free spin with a 2x2 gambler symbol (the guy with playing cards in his hand). Every time a gambler symbol shows up, you are awarded an extra spin and these symbols become sticky wilds for the duration of spins.
- Wild Bull Feature: three free spins with wild bull symbols completely covering one or two reels for every spin.
- Ace-High Gang Feature: three free spins with 4x4 symbols showing up on reels 2 and 5 at each spin.
- Most Wanted Feature: a bonus game within a bonus game. Here you will get three picks with a result of any of the following:
- Hidden cash prizes
- One of the six free spins mentioned above
- A red X to show that you have lost the game
Reviewers’ thoughts on Golden Colts
The first thing that we have to comment on is the fact that there’s the possibility to get awarded a total number of one free spin. How disappointing would that be? Having said that, we did like the fact that there are so many different options when it comes to special features, a total of seven to be exact. Maybe what would have made the game better was to have two options of free spins, instead of one at a go.