Inspector Gadget by Blueprint Gaming released on 2018 is a 5-reel & 4-row online slot with 50 ways to win and a 96.49% RTP. This is a licence-themed game offering players a max win of up to 10000x their stake. Inspector Gadget can be played on all devices from €0.2 to €200 per spin and is considered a medium volatility game.
Design and Symbols
The highest paying symbols are the wild and super stacked inspector gadget symbols. These are followed by inspector gadget’s car and top secret documents, together with his safe and handcuffs. The lower paying symbols are the A - J. The wild substitutes for all symbols except for the scatter. The scatter is a round symbol with the words M.A.D Bonus and what looks like a small black bat with yellow eyes. As soon as we saw the name and characters visible on the reel, and the provider being Blueprint, we knew what kind of music will be playing the the background. Something very theme specific and well a bit annoying: the inspector gadget theme song.
We haven’t written much about Blueprint, but so far we have noticed a pattern. They seem to love their special features, as the slot games we’ve played so far come full of them. First it was Spinal Tap with around ten special features, and now it’s Inspector Gadget, with not much less.
Go Go Gadget Spin
During the base game, Inspector Gadget may randomly receive a call, and according to who is on the other end of the line, one of the following features will be activated:
- Mission Colossal Wilds: a shutter will cover the reels, and when revealed a colossal wild will appear on either reels 1-3 or 2-4. Here, Go Go Gadget reels may expand your reels and add winlines.
- Mission Gadget Wilds: as your reels spin, Inspector Gadget will create wilds on the reels. Go Go Gadget reels can expand up to seven symbols high, activating up to 50 winlines for this feature.
- Mission M.A.D added: bonus symbols are added to your reels and if three or more show up, you are taken to the bonus feature.
- Mission Mystery Brain: as your reels spin, mystery brain symbols are added to the reels. Any of these symbols in view will transform into another, except for the bonus scatter.
- Mission Penny Stacked Wilds: as your reels spin, stacked wilds will be randomly added to your reel.
If you manage to get three or more bonus symbols anywhere on your reel, then you activate the bonus round. Here you will find a bonus game spinning wheel that will determine which special feature you will play out. You have the option to either collect and play out that feature or gamble it.
Whenever a feature from the bonus game has been rewarded, you can gamble your pick for a better bonus or a mystery win.
- If you gamble and win, you have two options: regamble for a higher bonus feature/mystery prize, or collect and play that bonus.
- Land on the mystery win prize and forfeit your bonus in place of a cash value.
- This gamble feature continues on until the player collects something or reaches the top feature.
When spinning the bonus wheel, you can land on any of the following bonuses:
Safe Heist Bonus
Here you will be presented with a number of safes.
- First you pick a safe with an unknown prize which will be yours till the end of the game.
- From then onwards, you will pick safes to eliminate different prizes.
- After a number of chosen prizes, you will get an offer which you can either accept or reject.
- If you accept, the game will end. If you reject, you can keep on picking.
- If you are at the end of the game, you will get an offer to swap your initial safe with the last one. You can either accept or reject and play out which ever end result you have.
Dr Claw’s M.A.D Agent Bonus
As a player, you will be taken to a bonus game with what looks like covered M.A.D items on a computer screen. On the left, you will find the win bar.
- Pick from the M.A.D items to reveal a special agent. Each agent is accompanied by a multiplier.
- Gather three of the same agent will award the M.A.D Money Bonus.
- Collecting a special M.A.D cat will upgrade the total bet multipliers.
Every Penny Counts Free Spins
If this feature is activated, you will be taken to the top of the M.A.D headquarters with multiple reels beneath you.
- The screen will start by only showing you the top symbols. As your reels come completely into view, you will see fixed wilds set into position.
- Once all your reels are completely in view, Inspector Gadget may appear to take you on a journey up M.A.D headquarters, with different backgrounds to your free spins.
- Here, different locations will have random fixed wilds positioned on your reels.
M.A.D Dash Free Spins
These free spins have two simultaneous rounds. First, you have the normal free spins which award you wins. Then you have another board game kind of spin called bonus trail which you can enter by getting a small overlay car symbol anywhere on your first round.
- The gadget car will drive around the trail until it stops and awards a prize.
- This feature keeps going until there are no more free spins available.
- You can get more free spins by landing on the additional spins feature during the bonus trail.
- If you reach the end of the bonus trail, you will get to the M.A.D Money Bonus.
M.A.D Money Bonus
You can get to this bonus feature in multiple ways:
- Collecting five bonus symbols.
- Gambling your way to this bonus symbol or the bonus feature wheel landing on it.
- The M.A.D Dash Free Spins bonus trail.
This feature will start off by presenting you with a number of bombs which will spin around Dr. Claw.
- You must pick from the M.A.D symbols until the collect symbol is revealed.
- The M.A.D symbols will reveal cash prizes. Once collect comes up, you must choose the last bomb that will show your winnings.
- The colour of the bomb will show you the size of your prize. Gold is obviously the larger one, silver is the middle and bronze is the smaller.
Reviewers’ thoughts on Inspector Gadget
Let’s take a little trip down memory lane to our childhood. The person writing this review only watched Inspector Gadget when there was nothing better on tv. You can imagine their willingness to play and review this slot game. However, just because they didn’t particularly enjoy playing this slot, it doesn’t mean that no one will. The slot game itself is full of special features which are randomly triggered, so there is quite a lot going on in that respect. Having said all of this, you’ve probably rarely watched our streamers play this game. Given the overall playful theme and volatility, Inspector Gadget probably won’t receive much playtime on screen.