Hong Kong Tower Slot
Get a taste of Asia in the Hong Kong Tower Slot Game powered by ELK studios. The game has your typical ELK design and game mechanics, as well as a number of interesting features, but we will examine those in more detail later. Hong Kong Tower is a five reel and 99 pay lines video-slot available on desktop, tablet, as well as most mobile devices. This high volatility slot has an RTP of 96.3%. The max win possible goes up to 301,650 coins on each spin! As the name suggests, the game has an Asian theme. The whole game looks like it takes place on the side of a huge skyscraper. The background shows a big metropolis, probably Hong Kong, during the night.
Design and Symbols
The symbols on the reels all relate to the Asian theme which this slot has. The high-value symbols feature a 7 as the highest paying symbol, followed by a diamond, a Bonsai tree and a lotus flower. The low-value symbols are symbols depicting the different elements. Hong Kong Tower also has two types of scatter symbols. The first is the Red Ying Yang bonus symbol which is the only symbol that can not land in stacks. The second scatter is a Blue Ying Yang bonus symbol which can only appear through the mystery symbols.
The bonus round is basically the only special feature that Hong Kong Tower has. However, this is not your typical free spins round. Think of a spinning wheel with the potential to move to bigger wins that can be triggered in multiple ways.
The slot has a mystery symbol in the form of a Hong Kong Tower Card, which features the game’s logo. Stacks of the mystery symbol can land at any spin.
- When they do, the mystery symbols will randomly change to any other symbol, thus increasing the winning potential of that particular spin.
- The Blue Ying Yang bonus symbol can only appear through the mystery symbol.
- The only symbol that cannot appear through the mystery symbols is the Red Ying Yang bonus symbol.
Triggering the Wheel Bonus
This is the second bonus the game has, and players can trigger it in two ways. First by landing three or more Red Ying Yang scatters anywhere in view.
- Three Red scatters will trigger the bonus.
- Landing four or five red scatter will give one or two extra lives respectively.
The second method to trigger the Wheel Bonus is by getting one Blue Ying Yang bonus symbol.
- Players can only get the Blue scatter if a mystery symbol changes to the Blue scatter.
- Getting the Blue Blue Ying Yang bonus symbol with guarantee two extra lives.
Wheel Bonus Play
If the player triggers the Wheel Bonus, three wheels will appear. The first wheel will start spinning and give different cash prizes.
- Apart from the prizes, there is also a “Level Up” arrow on the wheels.
- Getting the “Level Up” will take the player to the next wheel. The goal is to go all the way to the 3rd wheel, which has the biggest prizes.
- A wheel will continue spinning, and giving prizes until the player lands the same prize for the second time. When this occurs the bonus game will end and the player will get the prizes won so far.
- If the player has extra lives and lands a prize twice – the life will be spent and the wheel will keep spinning until it lands a prize for the second time again or moves to the next wheel.
Reviewers’ thoughts on Hong Kong Tower
The most noteworthy part of Hong Kong Tower has to be its special feature bonus round. Apart from having the potential to win big, like our own Letsgiveitaspin did, it is not your typical free spins round. The part we disliked the most had to be the fact that despite getting to the bonus round multiple times with the most lives available to us, we never got to the last wheel.