Blackjack is a casino game with a house edge of <1% if played correctly. So if you’re looking to switch it up from playing slots, and you want better odds than roulette, check it out if you haven’t already! Tonight LeoVegas and Kim are collaborating, offering you a juicy 20% CASHBACK! Smashing the house odds to smithereens, giving you a substantial edge over the casino!
Basic rules of blackjack:
The goal is to get as close to 21 as possible, but never over 21! After placing your bet, both you and the dealer will receive 2 cards.
- The ace stands for 1 or 11. If the rest of your cards total more than 10, the ace automaticly stands for 1.
- All face cards (King, Queen, Jack) are worth 10.
According to the strategy card shown above, you will be hitting, standing, doubling or splitting your cards. (You will never surrender or take insurance)
- Hit: Draw a card. If you go above 21, you will bust, which means you lose. You can draw more than once.
- Stand: You stand pat with your cards. You will not gain any more cards during this round.
- Double: You double your bet, and you will receive only one more card.
- Split: You split your pair, or facecards, into two individual hands. This means you pay your initial bet again, for the extra hand. The dealer will add one extra card on top of each split card. From here on you can hit, stand, double or split again (splitting is allowed up to four times total). If you split aces, you get only one card, if that card is worth 10, your hand counts as a 21, not a blackjack. Not all casino’s allow doubling after splitting.
The dealer will draw to 16 and stand on 17. If your score is higher than the dealer’s, but not over 21, you win. In case the dealer draws over 21 and you didn’t, you win. When you both get the same score, it’s a push, meaning neither wins and you get your bet back. Assuming you get blackjack, which means an ace and a 10 value card, you get paid 3:2. If both you and the dealer get Blackjack, it’s a push. Check out the video below explaining the rules of blackjack in a live casino.