Video Slot Review – Flame - Nextgen
Fiery symbols and a fudgeton of random triggers awaits! Flame video slot from Nextgen is what you would call a feature-rich video slot. We find several different wilds, bonus triggers, and a score of random triggers in this brand new slot. The design is all about Fire and flames, with a slight sci-fi-ish background. We find five reels, three rows of symbols, and an RTP set at 96.61%.
Design and Symbols
Everything is about flames and the elements in this video slot from Nextgen. The highest paying symbols are the spirit animals of different elements, like the fiery lion, lightning wolf, and a water eagle. Other symbols are small icons showing fire, electricity, water, and a leaf. The lowest paying symbols are card faces (cloves, hearts etc.)
The highest paying symbols are the spirit animals of different elements, like the fiery lion, lightning wolf, and a water eagle. Other symbols are small icons showing fire, electricity, water, and a leaf. The lowest paying symbols are card faces (cloves, hearts etc.)
In the background, we see a steel plate and a blue fire that reacts to the reels and wins. The sound in Flame is this dark kind of mystical music. Overall I find the design of symbols and board pleasant to watch, but nothing special. What makes the video slot Flame shine is the massive amount of random features.
We’ve been warming up the special features now throughout the review, and with good reason. You find the standard wild symbol, scatter symbol, and a bonus wild symbol. Also, we have a whopping seven mini features that randomly triggers during your spins. This is the main reason we review this video slot, as the number of features and triggers during the main game is pretty impressive. Some of the features are very frequent as well.
Wilds, Bonus Wilds, and Scatters.
The standard wilds in Fire work like any other wild symbol, replacing all other symbols except scatters.
- The Wilds appear on reels two, three, four.
- The Bonus Wilds will only appear during the Firestorm mini-feature and substitutes all other symbols
- Get 15 free spins by landing three Bonus Wilds on the reels.
- The bonus symbol appears on reels two, three and four only and grants the same amount of free spins as the Bonus Wilds.
With seven (!!) random triggers in this Flame video slot, you can expect a ton of actions at the reels both during regular spins and during the bonus rounds. All these features have a name, and some quirks tied to them:
- The Cross Flare feature randomly triggers at the end of a spin.
- Cross Flare pays both directions.
- All Wild and Bonus symbols on reels two, three and four become Wild Bonus symbols, which means they function both as a Scatter and a Wild.
- Randomly triggered during any spin.
- All Heart, Diamond, Club and Spade symbols on reel two and/or reel three and/or reel four will become a Wild for that spin.
- The reels which convert symbols to wilds it determined randomly
- Randomly triggered on any spin
- All lower paying symbols will randomly transform into the higher paying symbols.
- All symbols will transform into the same symbol
- Randomly triggered on any spin.
- A fire will cover a random amount of reels up to five.
- Any Lion, wolf or Eagle symbol that lands under fire will grant a bonus prize in addition to normal winnings.
- Randomly triggered on any reel spin, when at least one WILD symbol appear on screen
- One re-spins granted per Wild symbol.
- Flare Up Mini-feature is randomly triggered by any winning spin
- The feature adds a multiplier up to 10x on your winnings!
Our thoughts on Flame
The slot was very entertaining, if somewhat low on volatility. Most prizes we received during the session was medium to low. The balance kept reasonably close to the starting point after 200 spins, with a slight decrease.
I found the game very entertaining, and most of the features were triggered during my session today. - I did miss a few though.
I’m looking forward to the launch date so that I can give it a go with my real money.