NEW SLOT: REVIEW Golden Chief (Barcrest)
Today we review Golden Chief a new Big Bet slot machine from Barcrest. The game takes us to the North American plains with Golden Chief and his tribe. Set on an Indian village, from the background to the reel set, everything relates to the native American theme. As most other big bet slots, this one also boosts a number of features, bonuses, as well as unique changing pay-lines. The Golden Chief video slot was released on 26.08.2017 and it’s available to play for real money on MrGreen online casino.
Golden Chief Slot - Description
To review Golden Chief we start with its 5 reels and 4 rows. Further, the slot machine is available on desktop, tablet, as well as most other mobile devices. The min and max bets players can lay – range from 0.10 to 500, depending on the currency played. Also, the coin size ranges from 0.01 to 25. As for the number of pay-lines, that varies depending on the bet. Specifically, if the player bets less than 2 units the number of pay-lines is 10 winning lines. At the same time, if the player bets more than 2 units the number of pay-lines is 20 winning lines. Furthermore, the number of pay-lines can even go up to 100 thanks to the slot’s features, but more on that latter.
Golden Chief Slot - Symbols
The high value symbols on the reels feature an Indian girl, a totem pole and a grizzly bear. 10, J, Q, K and A make up the low value symbols. In addition, the scatter symbol shows two stone blade axes with the words “Bonus” on top. Finally, there are 2 wild symbols on this casino game. The normal wild has a colorful background and the word “wild” on top. This normal wild substitutes for all other symbols except the scatter and the second wild. While the second wild features the Golden Chief himself.
Additional Pay-lines + Expanding Wild
As mentioned, the Golden Chief video slot has two wild symbols. The second wild which features the Golden Chief, can increase the number of pay-lines. In other words, if one or more Golden Chief wilds land on the reels, that will take the pay-lines up to 50 or 100, for that spin. So betting below 2 units and landing the Golden Chief wild will take the pay-lines from 10 to 50. And betting above 2 units will take the number of lines from 20 to 100. Moreover, every time a Golden Chief wild lands, it will expand to cover the entire reel. Thus, if you land 5 Golden Chief wilds, that will give a full screen of wild symbols.
Golden Chief Slot - Bonus
Players can trigger the bonus by landing 3 or more scatter symbols, simultaneously, anywhere on the reels. Getting 5 scatters will also award a 500x the stake prize. After triggering the bonus, the game will randomly select one of the 3 bonus features.
- Cash Canyon Feature - A canyon trail will appear and the goal is to reach the finish, while collecting multipliers along the way. For this purpose, the player will spin a wheel which decides how many steps on the trail you can take. However, if the wheel lands on "collect" then the feature is over. Finally, the maximum you can win is 500x the stake. And if the bonus was triggered with more than 3 scatters, then the multipliers will be bigger.
- The Totem Riches Feature - This is a picking minigame where the player must pick between 3 totem poles. Each totem hides a multiplier or the "collect" option. Moreover, each new multiplier you pick is greater than the previous one. The max win possible is 500x the stake again. Finally, if if the bonus was triggered with more than 3 scatters, then the player gets an extra life. So even if he picks collect ones, he can still keep picking.
- Free Spins Feature - This is the last bonus feature the player can get, and it gives 5 free spins for 3 scatters or 10 free spins for 4 scatters.
Golden Chief Slot - Big Bet Option
This slot has a big bet feature with 3 possible options. These are 5 linked spins which cost 20 units, 30 units or 50 units.
- The 20 units option gives 5 linked spins with all symbols doubling in value. Moreover, the scatter symbol will be double height, covering 2 positions and making it easier to trigger the bonus.
- The 30 units option also gives 5 spins with symbols increased in value and double height scatters. In addition, if the player lands a Golden Chief wild, it will stick in place for the duration of the spins.
- Finally, the 50 units option gives 5 spins with all the attributes of the 30 units option. But, in addition, the number of paylines will be 100, during the 5 spins.
The Golden Chief slot has also different RTPs depending on the bet size. Playing under 2 units will give an RTP of 94.12%. While playing above 2 units will give an RTP of 96.02%. Finally, if the player uses the big bet options, that will take the RTP up to 98.14%. In my opinion the highest big bet is a bit redundant, as you can also get more pay-lines with the second big bet by landing the sticky wild. The win counting is also a little slow, especially for the smaller wins, which might be frustrating at times. However, other than that, the game is fun to play and the many features make for an entertaining experience. We would like to hear your thought about this new slot. So check it out at MrGreen online casino and share your perspective with us.
Join CasinoGrounds Forum for discussions, and first hand experiences on the slot game, from other players.