New Slot: Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold (Barcrest)
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold is the latest slot from Barcrest’s Rainbow Riches series. The game is the 4th title after Rainbow Riches, Rainbow Riches Pick n Mix and Rainbow Riches Leapin' Leprechauns.
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold is a 10 reels and 100 paylines slot that uses the using the Colossal Reels technology usually found in WMS games. Like its predecessors the slot has an Irish inspired theme and a colorful rainbow on the background.
There are two sets of reels on the game. The main reel set has 5 reels and 4 rows and the secondary Colossal reel set has 5 reels and 12 rows.
The symbols on these reels are all theme related and feature 4-leaf clovers, horseshoes, harps, mushrooms and rainbows. All symbols can appear stacked on the reels. The highest value symbol is the lucky leprechaun which is also a stacked symbols. Landing 5 of them in a winning payline will award 500 time the stake. The scatter symbol is an image of three different colored balloons. The wild symbol is the game’s logo and it can substitute for all other symbols except the scatter.
What makes Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold special is the huge array of features the game possesses:
First there is the stacked wild feature. Landing a full reel of wilds in the main reel set will automatically duplicate the wilds in the corresponding reel on the Colossal reel set.
Fairy Random Feature
The Fairy random feature is triggered randomly during the base game. When the Fairy appears she will give access to 7 mini-features
- Super Stacked Wilds mini feature in which the fairy strikes the main reel set with 1 or more reels filled with stacked Rainbow Riches symbols. This then transfers over to the Colossal Reel set turning those reels fully wild.
- Magic Wilds mini feature in which the fairy strikes both reel sets with blocks of Magic Wilds appearing. The slide up and down on their reel and lock in position turning the reel position wild.
- Wild Burst mini feature in which the fairy strikes the reels with butterflies landing on both reel sets. The symbols covered by the butterflies transform into wilds.
- Wishing Well Bonus mini feature in which the fairy strikes both reels with all heart, club, spade and diamond symbols transforming into Wishing Well symbols. These can then change into the higher value mushroom, harp, horse show, shamrock or wild symbol.
- Reel Win Multipliers mini feature in which the fairy strikes the reels to award a multiplier up to 5x.
- Near Miss Free Spins mini feature in which the Fairy will award a scatter given that 2 scatter have already been landed on the reels.
- Near Miss Win mini feature in which the fairy strikes the reels causing them to shift in order to give a winning spin.
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold also has a free spins feature which is triggered by landing three or more scatter symbols anywhere in view.
Triggering this feature will open a picking mini game where the player will have to pick between three sets of balloons. Each set hides a certain number that will determine the number of free spins awarded.
After determining the number of free spins awarded the game gives to the player the opportunity to gamble those free spins in order to win more spins. This is done through a wheel of fortune type of minigame where the player can spin one of the wheel available depending on the level of risk heshe is willing to make.
Big Bet Option
Finally, like other Barcrest slots, Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold has a Big Bet Mode. For a specific price the player gets an number of free spins containing a number of features. The number of these spins and the features that come with them depend on which mode the player chooses. The more expensive the mode the more spins and the better the features.
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold is a middle variance slot that has a 500 times the stake maximal wining potential is one spin. The game's numerous features combined with a great design certainly make it a worthy addition on the Rainbow Riches series.
What is your opinion on Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold? Make sure to let us know on the comments below.