New Slot: Count Duckula (Blueprint Gaming)
Slot providers have always looked to other forms of entertainment when creating the themes of their games. Popular movies, tails and comics have all inspired slot games. Today we bring you one such slot based on a popular kid’s show from the 90s. The game is called Count Duckula and it’s about the well know cartoon of the funny vegetarian vampire. The game has not had a widespread release and is only available on selective online casinos.
Count Duckula is a 5 reels and 20 paylines jackpot slot available to play on desktop and most mobile devices. As mentioned the game’s theme revolves around the cartoon show with the same name. The slot has a cartoonish design, while the game mechanics are typical Blueprint. The background shows a spooky cemetery with the Count’s castle lurking in the background. The game’s Jackpot is visible on the left upper corner of the screen.
The high value symbols on the reels are all theme related and feature Count Duckula himself as the highest paying symbol. Moreover Duckula’s castle, an organ, a cuckoo clock and the Duckula family crest. J, Q, K and A make up the lower values. The scatter symbol features a portrait of Duckula in a golden frame with the words “Bonus” engraved at the bottom. The wild symbol shows a wooden stake stabbing a red heart. The wilds can substitute for all symbols except the scatter.
The game has 4 random feature which can be triggered during the base game after a non winning spin. Duckula, Igor, Nanny or bats can appear at the side of the reels. Each one will help the player make winning combo.
- Duckula – Duckula will walk on and disappear into a wild symbol. The wild will then spawn more wilds on the reels. A spin follows with the wilds on the reels.
- Igor – Igor walks onto the reels with a potion tray. He falls by the reels with the potions exploding on the reels. The symbols sprayed by the portion will turn into 1 mystery symbol.
- Nanny – Nanny walks onto the reels with a Colossal Wild added. Nanny then pulls the wild onto the reel where a 3×3 Colossal Wild symbol can land.
- Bats – Duckula will call a flock of bats which will take away symbols.
The Bonus feature is triggered by landing 3 or more scatter symbols anywhere in view.
When triggered the player will spin to win 1 of 5 quacking Bonus features or the Rapid Fire Cashpot.
If the player is not happy with the Bonus landed he/she can gamble it in another spin.
However this time hi/she risks to land a cash prize smaller than the possible wins on any of the Bonuses.
The 5 Bonus Features
- Tombstone Bonus feature - This is a picking minigame. The player will have to keep picking through a number of tombstones each awarding a cash prize. The player will keep picking until the collect symbol is revealed.
- Ancestor Pick Me Bonus feature - Also a picking minigame where the player must pick through a number of portraits to win cash prizes. The game will go on until the “collect” portrait is picked. Among the portraits there are 3 which show Ducula himself. Revealing all three of them will automatically trigger the Super Bonus feature.
- Dr Von Goosewing Free Spins feature - This feature awards 10 free spins. Each wild landed during these spins will be locked in place for the duration of the feature.
4. Wild Heart Free Spins feature - This feature awards 10 free spins which will be played on a new 4×5 reel set with 40 paylines. Each wild landed during these free spins will be collected on the right hand side of the screen. When the 10 spins are over 1 Duckula Wild Spin will start with all the wilds collected added on the reels.
5. Super Bonus feature - The player will get to spin a wheel of fortune and land a multiplier up to 500x.
6. Rapid Fire Cashpot - This is a mini jackpot that runs throughout the game.
Count Duckula is a medium volatility slot with an RTP of 93.4% plus the Rapid Fire Cashpot. The max win on a spin is 500 times the stake. This excludes of course the Jackpot which the player is more likely to win when the tomato sauce is full. The game has a nostalgic theme and many features and bonuses to keep players entertained as well as award them some really big wins.
Let us know what you think about the game in the comments. Or join our forum for discussions.