As the 17th of March is closing in, we’re feeling more and more Irish by the minute. Therefore, this week we’ll be looking at slots who celebrate our brother from the north up until St Patrick’s day the 17th of March. The first slot we’re looking into is iSoftBet’s Stacks O’ Gold.
We find five reels and either three or four rows of symbols in this video slot. Reels one, three and five have three symbols on their reels, and reels two and four have four symbols on theirs. There are 34 pay-lines and a medium to high volatility in Stacks O’ Gold. The main feature is the free-spins. – Gather enough scatter symbols, and you will receive 15 free-spins get you started. Collect Wilds, and get an addition of 5 free-spins to boot!
Design and Symbols
Here it’s all about the Irish luck, gold and what you might find at the end of the Rainbow. Symbols like gold, silver and bronze coins, pints of Stouts (that black beer they put much pride in) and other lucky symbols like a leprechauns hat, horseshoes, and cloves.
As mentioned earlier, the definite core special feature in Stacks O’ Gold is the free-spins.
- 15 free-spins awarded
- WILDS appear: Golden Wilds
The Sticky wilds is an additional feature during the free spins.
- During the free-spins, collect six wilds from any reel to transform reel one into a sticky reel covering wild and get your initial two extra free spins.
- Another ten wild symbols on reels two to five will transform reel number three into a Sticky stacked wild, and grant two additional free-spins.
- If luck is on your side, and you manage to gather additional ten wild symbols, then reel number five will also turn into a reel covering sticky wild, and you will be rewarded with one additional free-spin.
- You can advance to any of the above points if you are lucky and land a golden pot wild.
Stacked Wilds during Normal game
It’s not only during the bonus rounds you can get some wild action though. There’s a possibility to get some stacked wilds during the main game as well. At the start of any spin, reel one, three or five might be selected to house a stacked wild for one spin.
Our thoughts on Stacks O’ Gold
I find these holiday, and festively themed slots very enjoyable for the duration of the holiday.
Stacks O’ Gold would fall into that category. – I can play it now during the warm-up for St Patrick’s day, but will probably put the game back on the shelf again towards the end of the month.
I was able to fill two pots of gold in the one bonus round I had and won a decent prize as well. – For the stacked wilds in the main game, I was not able to activate this feature, but I still came out with a higher balance than I started with today. It looks like the legendary Irish luck rubbed off on me after all!
What’ya think? Share your thoughts in our forums!