New Slot Review Finn and the Swirly Spin
Today we review Finn and the Swirly Spin, an online slot machine from NetEntertaiment. Only a few days after NetEnt released Planet of the Apes, the provider brings another video slot. Finn and the Swirly Spin takes us to the Irish countryside. A ginger leprechaun holding a flute stands on the right of the screen and plays traditional Irish melodies. The new casino slot boosts numerous features and bonuses which we will further examine on this review. Finally, the new slot game will launch today, 31.10.2017, exclusively on LeoVegas casino, and everyone will be able to play it for real money.
Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot
The casino game has a very unique reel set. The game plays on a 5x5 grid with 25 spaces. On every spin 25 symbols appear and are independent from each other. Moreover, Finn and the Swirly Spin is a cascading symbols slot, meaning that symbols which form winning combos will be removed from the screen. The remaining symbols will then advance in the direction of the center and new symbols will be added to the back. Furthermore, the game is a cluster pays slot, meaning that winning combination form from any horizontal/vertical line of 3 or more of the same symbol.
Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot - RTP
The Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot is payable from 0.10 to 200, depending on the currency. The casino game has low volatility and an RTP of 96.61%. When it comes to the symbols, we have rubies, nuts, horseshoes, hearts, clovers and spades. Furthermore, the ruby is the highest paying symbol, giving 50x the stake for a cluster of 5 of them. Moreover, the key is the scatter, and on every spin it will land on the last space as the last symbol. In addition, the wild symbol is the star and substitutes for all other symbols bar the scatter.
On the Finn and the Swirly Spin slot, the wins that include a wild are different from those that don’t. When a wild is part of a winning combo, it will explode and destroy all symbols which are vertically and horizontally adjacent to it. On the other hand, if a win does not contain a wild, a new wild symbols will appear in place of the symbols that disappeared after the win.
Base Game Features
There are 4 randomly triggered base game features on the Finn and the Swirly Spin video slot.
- Starfall Wilds adds 2 to 5 more wilds on screen.
- Dragon Destroy will destroy a random number of symbols which will make for another avalanche
- Irish Luck will add a horizontal or vertical line of the same symbol. Thus the player gets a sure win. This feature only triggers when a spin produces no wins.
- Magic Transform will transform all spades and hearts to other higher paying symbols.
Triggering the bonus on the Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot is very different from other casino games. Here the player needs to take the key scatter all the way to the middle of the screen. The keyhole stands on the mdile space of the grid. This is possible through consecutive wins, which will remove the symbols in front of the key and allow for the scatter to advance. Remember that a key symbol will always land on the bottom left of the grid. If the player manages to unlock the bonus, there are 4 bonus features from which to choose from. However the player needs to unlock a bonus round a number of times before he/she can choose which bonus feature to pick. This is in similar fashion to games like Dragonz or Immortal Romance.
- Star Bar feature needs 1 key to unlock and it will award 7 Star Bar free spins with 2 to 5 wilds added on every free spin.
- Lava Lair needs 4 key to unlock will award 3 Lava Lair free spins. Moreover, a random number of symbols will be destroyed on each spin. Further, a sticky wild appears in place of the key symbol.
- Lucky Mug needs 9 key to unlock and gives 4 free spins. Each spin will add a horizontal/vertical line of 1 type of symbol. Therefor the player will have a guaranteed wins on every free spin
- Golden Pot needs 16 key to unlock and will award 2 free spins. Here all space/heart symbols will transform into a higher value symbol on each free spin.
Finn and the Swirly Spin is an extremely fun slot with excellent animations and a unique design. Moreover, I found the soundtrack very interesting. The many features in the base game and the bonus rounds make for an enjoyable video slot. However the low volatility might deter some players from trying the slot, but then again NetEnt titles are not known for their high variance. In conclusion we suggest you check the slot streamer LetsGiveItASpin as he will try the game for the first time tonight on LeoVegas. This will certainly give you a better understanding of how this slot machine works.
For more information regarding this game, check out the official trailer on the video below:
Join CasinoGrounds Forum for more discussions, regarding the Finn and the Swirly Spin slot, and first hand experiences on the game, from other players.