We all know the story of the Beauty and the Beast, Yggdrasil brings the famous fairy-tale in the form of their new slot. The provider has been busy lately, first with the release of Alchymedes and now with this completely unique slot. Beauty and the Beast is available on LeoVegas, Cherry Casino, as well as most other online casinos.
Beauty and the Beast is a 5 reels and 20 paylines slot available paylines available on desktop, tablet as well as most other mobile devices. The min and max bets range from 0.20 to 100, depending on the currency played. The theme is completely inspired by the fairy-tale with the same name. The reels have a classical look and the background gives the impression that the games is taking place inside the beast’s castle.
There are only two high value symbols on this slot, the beauty and the beast. Both symbols transform in the free spins feature, the beast becomes a prince and the beauty has a princess crown on her. The values of the symbols, however do not change. The low value symbols are made by different colored gems. The scatter symbol is a rose with the words “Free Spin” written on the bottom. The wild symbol is a broken mirror with a golden frame. The wild can substitute for all other symbols except the scatter.
The slot has a random feature which can be triggered at any time during the base game. This feature comes on 3 forms each represented by a servant of the castle.
- The Butler will nudge 1 of the reels in 1 position up or down. The nudge will always help the player make a better win. If the players has landed 2 scatters and a nudge in one of the reels will result in the 3rd scatter, then the feature will always go for that reel and trigger the free spins.
- The Chef will sync the 3 middle reels which will all ladn the same group of symbols on the same positions. This feature is active only for 1 spin.
- The Maiden will randomly add between 2 to 4 wild symbols on the reels.
This is an optional feature which players can activate and deactivate at any time, during the base game. However, activating the golden bet will cost more per spin. What makes the golden bet worth it is the 3 options it offers which are very important during the free spins. The option consist of:
- Boost which costs 5 coins extra per spin, and gives the player 2 feature picks instead of 1 while in the Free Spins.
- Nudge which costs 15 coins extra per spin, and enables the reels to nudge up down 1 place if the player gets 2 to 4 free spins symbols.
- Boost & Nudge which costs 30 coins extra per spin, and gives the player the benefits of both the Boost and the Nudge options.
The free spins feature is triggered by landing 3 or more scatter symbols anywhere in view.
- Landing 3 scatters will award 10 free spins.
- Getting 4 scatters will award 10 free spins plus 1000 coins
- And landing 5 scatters will award 10 free spins plus 5000 coins.
When the free spins are triggered the player will choose one of the servants to accompany the bonus. Depending on which one he/she chooses, the Butler, the Chef or the Maid will appear during everyone of the free spins and use their abilities to help increase the wins. If the player the had golden bet activated on Boost or Boost & Nudge then he/she can choose 2 random features to accompany the free spins. In addition, landing 3 or more scatters during the free spins will retrigger the feature and allow the player to choose extra servants. The best outcome is to have all 3 servants active during a bonus.
Beauty and the Beast is a low to medium volatility slot. The RTP ranges from 96.3% to 97.1%. The RTP and volatility depend a lot from, if the player decides to activate the golden bet or not, and the combination of servants he/she picks during the free spins. When it comes to design and graphics the slot has the characteristic high quality, Yggdrasil style. The gameplay is smooth and the soundtrack engaging. Even though Beauty and the Beast has some small similarities with Nirvana, it’s still offers a number of unique features that make the slot very enjoyable.
Let us know what you think about the game in the comments.