Jump to content
Ban online casinostreaming

ban online casino streamers

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TommyBhoy said:

I agree with @Ban online casinostreaming 100%

The damage that can be done by this type of advertising is pretty scary.  The streamers on twitch/youtube dont seem to understand that say for example an 18 year old who has never gambled comes across nickslots or slotspinners youtube pages.  They see big win after big win after big win.  They are going to think slots can be beat and it could encourage them to open accounts through affiliate links.

@Josh Green theres a massive difference to this and other affiliate marketing. 

Instead of cg streamers saying you have a point and we will take it on board problem gamblers are shot down in flames.  @Slotplayer seems to be playing mummy and defending all streamers till the death.  The mods on nickslots channel are some of the most vile individuals know to man.

 

Thanks for the feedback 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chrisfleming9 They are all nice guys but they are not responsible gamblers.

Nobody that plays slots for hours nearly every day  can ever be classed as responsible.

@Slotplayer what if a youngster searches the film rocknrolla on youtube and comes across the gambling channel? 

Gambling addiction is out of control in the UK and I personally think casino streamers will be shut down.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slotplayer said:

I am my own spokes person thank you very much. I don't speak for the other streamers but they may well agree with what I say.

I noticed a couple of Youtube channels closed now. Not sure why or how. All it results in is that those that enjoy the streams can no longer watch it. Since when is banning shit the answer because somebody blew their money on slots because they couldn't control their spend.

Hi @Slotplayer

Thank you for taking the time out to reply, Of course it will be impossible to ban gambling even because of problem gamblers this shouldn't happen, How ever the way gambling is advertised today is in my opinion completely unacceptable and im afraid casino affiliate streamers are part of the problem, But you only work to the regulations that you have to conform to. Which is why we need to put pressure on the authority's to tighten up things due to the rise is problem/compulsive gambling and gambling debt as we all have a responsibility on both sides. 

 

As i said before i dont think as you say this shit should be banned how ever for example when they realised the damage passive smoking does to people they banned it in clubs pubs etc (which was a great thing to happen) and was a big step forward for social health, The gambling industry (especially online) as i said before needs to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Responsible Gambling is knowing your limitations, and even though I stream like 3-4 times a week, I know im gambling responsibly. Im playing within my limits, and with money I can afford to lose. If thats not responsible gambling then what is? @TommyBhoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperSmask said:

Responsible Gambling is knowing your limitations, and even though I stream like 3-4 times a week, I know im gambling responsibly. Im playing within my limits, and with money I can afford to lose. If thats not responsible gambling then what is? @TommyBhoy

HI @SuperSmask

 

Do you ever consider the affects this has on others and the harm it can cause ? What do you do to protect vulnerable players ? apart from what you are told you have to do to stream like a tiny 18 + sign which is a total waste of time. Is there any thing you personally do that other streamers dont to protect compulsive/problem gamblers ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I do that @Ban online casinostreaming ?? The only ones who can help problem gamblers are proffesionals (gambleaware fx). The only thing I can do, is tell my viewers to stop and seek help. And that's where you as an individual need to want the change. btw you're making it sound like everyone is a problem gambler, which is far from the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an interesting topic and interesting to read both sides.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't see the problem with streamers/affiliates as such, as long as they keep the blatant advertising to a minimum. Look at Rocknrolla, has links on his twitch but I've never heard him mention them: "Great casino press my link and get shit come on" etc,  as many do unfortunately. If I can get anything out of this post it would be streamers making a massive push to get all casinos to implement a "lock withdrawal" function. Can't even count how many times I've cancelled a withdrawal at Videoslots, slow as f*ck they are (at least to process bank withdrawals). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JohnnyCash couldn't agree with you more on that Lock feature.. That needs to be on ALL casinos. Should be a rule. It's a very intresting topic, and we will be divided on this topic. But still it creates a good discussion :) and hopefully make the community even better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ban online casinostreaming said:

Hi @Josh Green

i agree with the first point, How ever the second point is very strange as if your saying its ok to post the big win videos as the first point justifies it ?

Or do you agree that the Individual big win videos with pinned links to sign up to casinos is mis leading and predatory behavior that isn't even accepted in main stream gambling advertising so should be banned as part of advertising regulations? Im waiting for some feedback from you tube and the advertising commission about this so any feedback would be good. 

Big win videos are posted because thats what their subscribers want to see - hence the big views and comments. Streamers are providing content that there subs ( and others ) WANT to see. Not to mislead and act as predators. Its like watching the highlights from a football match or the best goal. People would rather see that than the whole game again which is boring. Im not sure what the advertising commission has to do with it as these are not adverts - youtube is a free market place for content ( not adverts ) so i wouldn't hold your breath on getting anything meaningful back from then. 

You will see videos with huge losses because streamers also know this is in some ways a highlight video that viewers will be interested to see. I have seen many 'fails' and big losses.

Your interpreting these big win videos al false advertising. Streamers would interpret them as simply the content their subscribers want to see. I streamed yesterday for 4 hours and had some subs come in and out and miss the 'big win' i got on a slot therefor it only makes sense to post this as s separate video which viewers want to see.

These videos are not click bait adverts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ban online casinostreaming said:

HI @SuperSmask

 

Do you ever consider the affects this has on others and the harm it can cause ? What do you do to protect vulnerable players ? apart from what you are told you have to do to stream like a tiny 18 + sign which is a total waste of time. Is there any thing you personally do that other streamers dont to protect compulsive/problem gamblers ? 

Responsible gambling in the context you discuss appears to be focused on the provider side of things i.e. protecting vulnerable customers which suggests you categorise them as providers which I'm guessing many of them would identify with.

I'm curious if you think streaming could work at all with the right checks and balances in place i.e. something more aligned to TV advertising laws? If so, I would be interested in hearing your ideas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josh Green said:

Big win videos are posted because thats what their subscribers want to see - hence the big views and comments. Streamers are providing content that there subs ( and others ) WANT to see. Not to mislead and act as predators. Its like watching the highlights from a football match or the best goal. People would rather see that than the whole game again which is boring. Im not sure what the advertising commission has to do with it as these are not adverts - youtube is a free market place for content ( not adverts ) so i wouldn't hold your breath on getting anything meaningful back from then. 

You will see videos with huge losses because streamers also know this is in some ways a highlight video that viewers will be interested to see. I have seen many 'fails' and big losses.

Your interpreting these big win videos al false advertising. Streamers would interpret them as simply the content their subscribers want to see. I streamed yesterday for 4 hours and had some subs come in and out and miss the 'big win' i got on a slot therefor it only makes sense to post this as s separate video which viewers want to see.

These videos are not click bait adverts.

 

Good points there.

Say, it is managed that all streamers and Youtube content makers channels that contain links are closed.

Then what?

The addict will go to the thousands of non affiliate linked channels. And those channels only show big win videos. There are thousands of them, mainly from the States. Some of these channels are also very big. Are these going to be closed down too? What next, ban gambling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ban online casinostreaming I have spoken to a colleague today and he is happy to immediately exclude from all UK casinos for good - you would basically be the first person to use GAMSTOP. That's if you're serious about stopping gambling.

I have private mesasged you the developers direct e-mail address if you want to go ahead with this option.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TommyBhoy said:

@chrisfleming9 They are all nice guys but they are not responsible gamblers.

Nobody that plays slots for hours nearly every day  can ever be classed as responsible.

@Slotplayer what if a youngster searches the film rocknrolla on youtube and comes across the gambling channel? 

Gambling addiction is out of control in the UK and I personally think casino streamers will be shut down.

 

That is like saying you go to the cinema and walk past the bookies. You wouldn't go into the bookies unless you are interested in gambling. Why would that youngster click on Rocknrolla Gambling Channel when he wants to see the movie.

All of the channels are targeted towards gamblers. There is no click bait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2018 at 6:25 PM, TommyBhoy said:

U dont have a clue 

how the eff is £10,£20 spins etc responsible gambling?

get a grip

I never said it was (or wasn't). If the players bankroll enables him or her to do £10 or £20 and they are comfortable with that spend then it's their choice.

These days I play under £1 a spin, most cases 20p, 40p a spin because that's what I'm comfortable with and I play for the entertainment rather than money.

Never question RG with me. Since day one of working in the casino industry it is the forefront of my mind. I have industry certification (Malta law) and attend meetings with GamCare and RGT to assit them with changes in the industry. It is customary for all operators and affiliates to donate a percentage (normally <1%) of annual income to gambling charities. I have made it no secret that 15% of my annual income goes to these charities year after year. This is public information and is visible at Companies House.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nicola can u pm me it too?

@JohnnyCash in my opinion the casinos that dont allow a lock withdrawal feature are a disgrace.  The casinos know fine well what they are doing.  I bet the amount of reversal losses is very scary.  Even the streamers have admitted to reversing withdrawals.

@SuperSmask  u go onto the street and tell 100 people u gamble 3-4 days a week for hours at a time in front of hundreds of people some of them potentially children and tell them how much u bet including wagering per session and a huge majority will say they dont think u are a responsible gambler regardless of whether its in your means or not.

I actually think streamers in the UK will be regulated heavily if not banned.  We have already seen banning of some giveaways and 18+ logos.  The more gambling addicts there is the more threads like this will appear and more and more complaints will be made.  We are hearing more and more stories about people committing suicide because of gambling addiction in the media.  All it will take is for casino streamers to be mentioned and the shit will really hit the fan.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nicola said:

I have made it no secret that 15% of my annual income goes to these charities year after year. This is public information and is visible at Companies House.

Wow CG did well to find you! Very generous to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TommyBhoy said:

I actually think streamers in the UK will be regulated heavily if not banned.  We have already seen banning of some giveaways and 18+ logos.  The more gambling addicts there is the more threads like this will appear and more and more complaints will be made.  We are hearing more and more stories about people committing suicide because of gambling addiction in the media.  All it will take is for casino streamers to be mentioned and the shit will really hit the fan.

I cant see them ever being banned. They are already regulated to some degree by what terms and advertising standards they have to adhere too.

The only way they get 'banned' would be if operators stop working with them which wouldn't mean a 'ban' as such it would just restrict there ability to earn revenues and income from streaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nicola I am simply saying that in my opinion none of the streamers are responsible gamblers.  I am entitled to my opinion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at @slotplayer I think what @TommyBhoy means is you come across as a pretentious know it all, who would never side against a streamer or someone that is part of CG.

I am not having dig and in fact I agree with you most of the time but you do repeat the same old stuff and instead of defending them constantly maybe polish the white knight suit and let them do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TommyBhoy said:

@Nicola can u pm me it too?

@JohnnyCash in my opinion the casinos that dont allow a lock withdrawal feature are a disgrace.  The casinos know fine well what they are doing.  I bet the amount of reversal losses is very scary.  Even the streamers have admitted to reversing withdrawals.

@SuperSmask  u go onto the street and tell 100 people u gamble 3-4 days a week for hours at a time in front of hundreds of people some of them potentially children and tell them how much u bet including wagering per session and a huge majority will say they dont think u are a responsible gambler regardless of whether its in your means or not.

I actually think streamers in the UK will be regulated heavily if not banned.  We have already seen banning of some giveaways and 18+ logos.  The more gambling addicts there is the more threads like this will appear and more and more complaints will be made.  We are hearing more and more stories about people committing suicide because of gambling addiction in the media.  All it will take is for casino streamers to be mentioned and the shit will really hit the fan.

 

Nobody banned giveaways. They need to conform to Youtube standards though, hence changes had to be made by some affiliates. Giveaways are still happening.

Affiliation is already regulated. An affiliate must conform to ASA guidelines if targeting the UK market and must comply with the casino's affiliate T's and C's.

There is a simple solution - don't watch streams, gambling videos. Why not TommyBhoy? Why is that so difficult for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HADTOCHANGE said:

at @slotplayer I think what @TommyBhoy means is you come across as a pretentious know it all, who would never side against a streamer or someone that is part of CG.

I am not having dig and in fact I agree with you most of the time but you do repeat the same old stuff and instead of defending them constantly maybe polish the white knight suit and let them do it.

I don't speak for them, as I already said. Am I repeating myself? Perhaps, but there is no choice because the same answers fit yet another topic about this. And the next topic by somebody else will have the same answers again.

Or perhaps going forward, I shall do what others do. Say sod all. But then you are not having a discussion about the subject.

Edited by Slotplayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would interesting to see what happens to the UK streamers when they start cracking down on this, I reckon at some point the UK regulators will shut it down and what do these people do when the affiliates stop coming in? They will probably have to deal with their own demons. Can you imagine streaming slots all week tens of thousands a week then nothing as they cant afford to do it anymore?

I actually use these link and I am glad the ones I choose to use receive a commission from my play, they have given me hours of content for free but i cant see it lasting so i hope they had shares in CG/earn enuff off the links and dont need to go back to their old jobs.

Can you imagine Nick screaming out an orgasm on his lunch break in a office or building site while queen of riches pays him one more time?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×