Today's racing

paton

For anyone following the horses, today has some great cards including the tingle creek and the becher chase, so its going to hopefully be an awesome days racing. Hopefully with some winners to make things even better.

With Douvan ruled out of the Tingle Creek you could say the lineup in the 1455 at Sandown isn't the greatest we've ever seen. It's hard to look past Fox Norton in this, but hes too short to back at 8/13 (generally) at current prices. Before Douvan was pulled he was trading at 5/2, so anyone currently on this chappy has an excellent chance. I have him myself at 5/2 so looking forward to this race immensly. Fox Norton was beaten by Altior at Newbury earlier in the year and you could say he was unlucky not to win the Champion Chase at Cheltenham. He then went on to bolt up at Punchestown before winning the Shloer Chase at Cheltenham after that. The only negative for Fox Norton today would be the small field, which can at times provide false results. Sandown have also had the frost covers down on the course from what I've heard. This can mess with the ground at times and could also factor into a false result, however, for the bet Im going to recommend here, that would not really matter. 

At this stage I wouldn't recommend anyone take the 8/13 for Fox Norton, unless he drifts out later today, at which case I may go in again, however, I feel that's unlikely to happen at this stage. The result of this race will defiantly effect the Ante Post market for the Champion Case at Cheltenham next year though, so thats where my thoughts are lying with putting some notes down. Currently trading at 6/1 Ante Post, this will certainly crash if Fox Norton wins today. With Douvan, Min and Altior heading up the current market for this, I feel the trading there is currently a bit off. Min and Douvan defiantly wont run, it will be one of the other, so the price for Fox Norton currently is way too high and seems a excellent price for an excellent horse, who should line up for this next year at Cheltenham. I honestly can't see any reason why he wouldn't run in the Champion Chase, baring injury. 

Recommendations: Fox Norton Ante Post 6/1 (Champion Chase/Cheltenham 2018) and also for the 1455 at 8/13 if you are one for taking odds that short. I'd only imagine a false result would see him lose here.

Archived