Went to las vegas when I was 21, got a lot of birthday wishes when going to the table because they all ask for ID even if you look 80 years old. Went to play some blackjack while walking through MGM.

Dealer asks me for ID and says "It was your birthday Thursday? Happy Birthday", "Thank you Sir". The lady to my right says "It was your birthday Thursday? Mine too!", "No way!" I said. I thought this has gotta be good luck. The guy to my left says "You guys birthday's the 14th? Mine too, I'm not joking look at my ID!". Three people at the same table all the same birthday. Well fuck me, time for a big bet I thought.

I was on about $500 a day gambling budget so I reached for a couple Benjamins and chucked it down. "Come on, birthday luck!". Dealer gives me two pictures for a 20. I cant remember what the others had but no one hit so it must have been over 17. Dealer had a 4 up card. He turns over a 10. Bust baby, come on.... dealer turns over a 7. 21 everybody loses. What are the odds?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23/08/2022 at 20:17, Tipsy Cat said:

First time hearing Birthday Thursday lol. But I think birthday is always a lucky day. I remember betting same day as my birthday, won something while playing in Stake and Ole777, not much but at least I won something. Maybe the game is not your lucky game guys, not your birthdays. lol

I agree dude - always worth buying a scratchcard on your birthday!

I'm often lucky on my birthday, and i did go through a strange spate of guaranteed poker MTT wins every birthday for awhile too - i even won $50 in a 1200 player freeroll Omaha Hi/Lo8, which i barely ever played, and when i won the final hand HU with 2nd i didn't even understand how my hand beat his lol!