Bet365 whilst on gamstop

Hi I’ve been on gamstop for over a year but around 4 months ago I registered on bet365 and they let me register and said my account was verified. I deposited around £2000 whilst playing ..  and then today  13th January 2022 they self excluded my account as they said ‘they detected I was on gamstop ‘  

On gamstop I used my full first name along with my surname but on bet365 I used my short first name  along with my surname ?  Please can anyone help it’s a lot of money 

Edited by jonnyroberts1988
1 hour ago, jonnyroberts1988 said:

Hi I’ve been on gamstop for over a year but around 4 months ago I registered on bet365 and they let me register and said my account was verified. I deposited around £2000 whilst playing ..  and then today  13th January 2022 they self excluded my account as they said ‘they detected I was on gamstop ‘  

On gamstop I used my full first name along with my surname but on bet365 I used my short first name  along with my surname ?  Please can anyone help it’s a lot of money 

image.png.584fbd2f6aef37cfb27d18a3f0daef3b.png

--

I can't really word it better than what's already in this section of the terms of service for GamStop.
I understand that you have a very real and serious issue. However, if you have provided details that have tricked or not been picked up by the system, it's your responsibility for your actions. Neither GamStop nor Bet365 can be liable if the system has not worked.

As far as I am aware, you will not be reimbursed for any money you have so far wagered and lost.
This is the case historically in other situations where the same thing has happened to other people.

Moving forward, if you're still having a hard time stopping gambling even with GamStop in place, I would recommend reaching out to a trusted friend or family member to confide in, and to take a look what what other resources are available here.

Edited by joshnadin
  • Like 1