Is It Heresy To Stop Covering CT?!

I know alot of people playing CT often choose to not bet on Coinflip (cause it can have long periods of being dogs eggs), and though i like the idea of reducing how many bonus segments you cover, i was too never too sold on it cause it means you're missing out on 4 segments of the wheel......

Yet, just recently, my housemate who was playing CT for 1st time ever did a variant I've never seen any streamer do before, which was simply to ignore CT and just flat bet on CF, CH & Pachi. (Not exactly rocket science, but it honestly never crossed my mind before - i was sold on CT being the flagship, premium bonus!!)

The few rounds we've played since have all been positive, and I've done a cursory runback through a few dozen pages of draw history which add up ok so far. Per 100 spins, i've overall found ignoring CT to be more profitable when it's a winning session, and also far less damaging when it's a losing one. 

From now on i am definitely no longer covering CT, as having my total stake stretched too thin was always an element of the game i disliked, plus this means each round I'm only paying 3 units to cover 8 segments instead of paying 4 units to cover 9.

So was wondering, sinc I've never seen it done before, if anyone else has stopped covering CT and how you found it?? I know it may sound like Heresy but i am quitting covering that 1 CT milk segment!

Edited by dagreenblazer
3 hours ago, dagreenblazer said:

The few rounds we've played since have all been positive, and I've done a cursory runback through a few dozen pages of draw history which add up ok so far. Per 100 spins, i've overall found ignoring CT to be more profitable when it's a winning session, and also far less damaging when it's a losing one. 

The less you positions you cover the less you will lose.

See what happens if you bet the same total amount 3 positions as you would, in total, bet on the 4.

£3 on all 4 positions compared to £4 on 3 positions. £12 total bet either way.

If not doing it that way then the lower loss and the bigger win session without playing CT is likely just because you are laying out less each round.

Edited by dirtystack
12 hours ago, dirtystack said:

The less you positions you cover the less you will lose.

See what happens if you bet the same total amount 3 positions as you would, in total, bet on the 4.

£3 on all 4 positions compared to £4 on 3 positions. £12 total bet either way.

If not doing it that way then the lower loss and the bigger win session without playing CT is likely just because you are laying out less each round.

Thanks for the input DS and yes that was my line of thinking too - plus i do love the game for how much more regularly decent multi's can pop but wanted to find a way to be staking less so the multi's count for more when they do hit. I'm quite happy dropping the CT segment too because it's a 1 in 3 gamble once it lands still anyway and imo is too volatile on payouts considering it's just 1 wheel segment only. I'm going to keep giving this a try as at the very least i like the fact it allows more playtime too for not much less wheel coverage.