Dota 2 - The International 10

What is this?

The most prestigious esports tournament in the world with the highest prize pool, under the game Dota 2. For TI10, there is a 40 million USD prize pool. However, due to covid there will be no live audience

Tournament Format

Group stage (2 groups of 9 teams each) will be running from 7th Oct till 10th Oct. Playoffs (Divided into Upper and Lower Bracket) Oct 12 till Oct 17. Teams will want to secure Top 4 in their respective groups for an Upper Bracket seed during playoffs. Group stage matches are best of 2. Other matches are BO3 excluding Grand finals which is BO5.

Where to watch?

It will be streamed live on Twitch, Youtube and in the ingame client. Should be douyu for chinese cast.

Where to bet?

I recommend Pinnacle, Bet365 or Egamingbets (i use this if i bet with crypto). But i'd say bet on sites with better odds. There are others too like Betway but they are quick to restrict. Liquidity on exchange isnt really good for esports, but check out if there are better odds there.

What to look out for when betting?

1) Shop for the best odds, pinnacle and EGB has a wider variety of bets and from what i can see some odds are just better for a specific bet on one site than another, if u are betting secret to win the tournament on Pinnacle, u will only be getting 7.77 odds while its 9.8 on EGB. Likewise if you're betting SG esports on EGB you will be getting 111 odds there while its 324 on pinnacle. Shop wisely. Also there will be cases where there are 2-3 bet selections on the same bookie, same match with the same outcome. Say Aster vs VP in Group Stage (BO2), Aster -1.5 is the same as Aster 2-0 and the same as VP will not win a map but the odds are always better on one choice than the other, check it out before u bet.

2) Gamble responsibly, bet with units and be consistent (based on the odds you bet on). 

3) If you are familiar with Dota 2, live betting right after the draft is good (in my opinion) because the draft matters a lot and a massive underdog pulling a cheese strat could potentially upset a favorite and the odds offered will have value in them in these cases. 

4) For the BO2 matches, there will be sites offering 1X2 or 12, make sure you know what you are betting on. Most of the time i go with draw no bet (12) which is the default here unlike in football where 1X2 is the norm. 

Team Analysis/Breakdown

Group A

• Evil Geniuses - Second favorites, only dropping a series against LGD during the previous major.
  • OG - Defending champions, betting odds suggests that they are a top 3 contender. However they have been playing with a standin lately and one of their player (Ceb) has recently had eye surgery.
  • Invictus Gaming - Won the Singapore Major but has been inconsistent in the chinese scene after. A few of their players contracted covid while preparing for the tournament, might affect their performance.
  • T1 - One of the stronger SEA teams, may take matches there and here.
  • Aster - Pretty dominant performance in the chinese scene, 2nd strongest after LGD. However 10 members from their team contracted covid while bootcamping, should affect performance.
  • Team Undying - Another underdog in the tournament but may take a game off stronger teams, worth looking for handicap betting.
  • Thunder Predator - Performed decently during the Singapore Major but all went downhill from there. Look elsewhere.
  • Virtus Pro - Top 6 contender, recent performance has been good. May take the tournament if they perform.
  • Alliance - Mediocre team, potentially good for handicap betting as they may take a game off stronger teams.

Group B

• LGD - Tournament favorites, won the recent OGA Dota PIT with their coach xiao8 as a standin. The one to keep an eye on.
  • beastcoast - Hit or miss, performed great  during the group stage at ESL One Fall but failed maintain it. 
  • Elephant - Far from their best but recent performance has been alright. Could cause an upset.
  • Fnatic - Fairly weak team even for SEA standards, they haven't been performing well and has been dropping games to lower tier SEA teams. Would look elsewhere.
  • Quincy Crew - One of the stronger NA teams but can't seem to handle teams from other regions. May take a game off any team though. Worth looking at handicap betting with this team.
  • SG esports - Clear underdog for this tournament, may take a game off teams once in awhile but that's about it. 
  • Team Secret - Recent performance has not been great but they are still a top 4 contender (based on odds), speaks for itself. If they are in peak form, they have a good shot. Worth looking at -1.5 handicaps for this team (if they show their dominant form)
  • Team Spirit - Has shown performance beyond expectations recently. The dark horse of this tournament.
  • Vici Gaming - Inconsistent team, mediocre performance lately. Other chinese teams more favorable.

Will be posting my day 1 bets later on.

• Like 3
  • Trophy 1
  • Get in! 2

My bets for the first set, not betting on VP. Not advisable to bet high yet because the first 1-2 series for each team should be used as an observation period and anything can happen in a new patch. Going for Alliance because i feel OG is overrated. Chinese teams because i believe covid didnt impact them as hard as people think.

image.png.a88cd47f880b0c46e7fb39a95dfd80ee.png

image.png.8d347c2a02bd3cb471350c0d1e3fc12d.png

• Like 2

Match Predictions 12/10/2021

IG vs Team Spirit

IG to win but there will be low odds so if you are feeling risky I could definitely see a 2-0 for IG

Team Secret vs OG 

Both Teams have been pretty inconsistent so this would be a very risky bet, however depending on the odds you could get a nice bet on OG.

Undying vs Fnatic (Leave)

Undying should take this but they are both very inconsistent would recommend missing this game. 

Quincy Crew vs Team Aster 

I like Team Aster, they have had some good showings in the past so if you want to take a risky bet I would say maybe take a small one on them over Quincy Crew

Beastcoast vs Alliance 

This is basically a 50/50% 

Evil Geniuses vs Elephant 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, anonymousapple said:

Was pretty occupied lately so havent been posting bets here. Went on an insane bet streak though, haven't lost a bet in playoffs.

Below are my bracket predictions (which mirror my bets), 10/10 so far in playoffs. Will be going Secret>iG, LGD>VP, EG>VG and T1>[A] tomorrow. Posting bet slips tomorrow as well.

image.thumb.png.c8027ac76bca2a035d389887102856a1.png

Think i will be occupied tomorrow as well, decided to place the bets now. Im taking T1+LGD Acca because odds are too low individually and the handicap can go either way, so playing it safe. Secret looked really dominant after crushing OG, they should be able to take that game. EG vs VG is the highlight tomorrow, could go either way so im going lower units on it.

image.thumb.png.b5e0f1944ca07f483d3ce74bb56a01c1.png