Nitropolis 2 5x scatter curse

So I've made tons of bonus buys and gotten 5 scatters like 15+ times. But I have never recouped my bonus buy money back from those 20 spins.

Love this game and gotten many big wins but it's just devastating, always getting my hopes up for 20 spins and getting a overall loss.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Oh and it is possible to retrigger. managed to get the retrigger once, didn't do anything tho

• Trophy 1

I have done over 100 X-iter Big Bonuses (200x for EUR 40 on minstake of 0,20 )  and Super Bonuses (500x for EUR 100 on minstake of 0,20)

The best result on either bonus buy has been about 4,5 to 5 times total stake.

I have had 20 spins instead of 15 on the BigBonus maybe ten times, and 15 or 20 instead of 10 spins on Super Bonus a couple of times as well.
Starting with more spins than standard does not seem to have a positive effect on the average return, so please don't get your hopes up.

Now I love the overall production quality of ELK Studio Games and the slots have innovative game mechanics quite often as well,
so I am always checking out their new releases.
But unfortunately the bonuses tend to play out in a way that seems rigged, or the maxwin seems to be capped at a certain ceiling. 

Nitropolis2 is the third game that has the X-iter bonus buy feature in the slot, the predecessors being Bompers and Cluster Slide,
Again, I appreciate the overall production quality of these games but too bad that the Big Bonus and Super Bonus games on all these three slots 
play out so lousily. A Reason for me not to play any of these three anymore.

Some critique/feedback for Nitropolis2:
- when a square is 'Nitro Reel' and is on the maximum winways of 12, the reel often gets a totally useless 'nitro upgrade': sloppy programming.
- when many winways are activated, 'all wild' or 'all match' are out of the window, unless they do not produce a win.
- too many winways for this type of slot, it just does not work. A maximum of 192 million winways, with in practice a couple of million winways, 
but the minimum win on the paytable for  4 reel win is 4 cents. (0,2x) Assuming that there is a ceiling of about 5 buyins, on the Super Bonus that is a total 2500x,  it is next to impossible to get a win of more than 12500 ways of cheap symbols. 

To illustrate, here is one of the biggest single wins that I have had,  4 reel win,  6912 ways of  queens.
You'll never get a 5 or 6 reeler on decent symbols.

On the bright side: the newest release with X-iter: Tropicool plays a lot lot better in regular Bonus and in Big Bonus mode, (check it out!) and I have experienced a little bit more variance in the bonus buy result.

And looking forward to Dream Diver, June 1st.

• Like 1
  • Trophy 1

I played this game and the first one a couple times and I always thought there was some great potential there, but it just never pays beyond like 300x for me. same with cluster, most Elk games feel impossible to get over 500x on, but I will say I don't mind buying them too much because they tend to at least give you like 30-40x minimum back at worst.