HAHAHAHAHAHA πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Asle Martinsen

1 hour ago, Asle Martinsen said:

How is it possible to think getting away with cheating is better than VAR? That's some biased crap cus your team got punished by VAR. Now the best team wins, which is a good thing

I'm a Norwich fan so don't support Spurs to start with..

I also disagreed with the penalty in the Palace Everton game, does that make me a Palace fan as well?

Supporting your own team aside, 99% of football fans can agree that this system is not working, many managers agreeing as well.Β 

On 27/09/2020 at 21:37, Taffophile said:

I'm a Norwich fan so don't support Spurs to start with..

I also disagreed with the penalty in the Palace Everton game, does that make me a Palace fan as well?

Supporting your own team aside, 99% of football fans can agree that this system is not working, many managers agreeing as well.Β 

It just makes you a gambler who lost your bet cus of a VAR decision πŸ˜‰

9 minutes ago, Slotspinner said:

How can VAR not work?! you can literally slow down and see what happened and then make the best decision on that, hows that worse than the Ref playing a a random guessing game?

I'm a massive fan of the concept of VAR, but I believe it has been implemented poorly in the premier league so far.Β 

Β 

Regarding the handball situation, it seems like the officials are to be given much more leniency with their decisions, leading to some common sense at last  😁

32 minutes ago, Slotspinner said:

@Taffophile
How exactly do you implement VAR poorly though? i dont really watch much so i dont know, but for me it seems like having it rewatched and on camera leads to clear decisions, or doesnt it

I guess there's a fine line between following the letter of the law down to a tee, and using some common sense in decisions. For example, VAR helping the offside rule has helped massively.
When it comes to the handballs, the current system doesn't seem to take into consideration the speed in what the game is played at, how can a player react to a ball that is hitting him from a yard away?

Β 

It's a very hot topic atm, and I guess there will be constant issues, opinions and controversies in the season to come.Β 

Also apologies if my posts aren't being clear, it's hard to get down in words my current objections to itΒ 

I agree that the Lindelof situation should never have been a penalty, as his arm wasn't in an "unnatural" position. Those things should be taken into account. And I also think VAR should have it's own ref that overrules all other refs, so a VAR decision won't waste 5 minutes of play, only to result in 1 minute of added time.

Oh, and that would help against protesting players too - protesting to the (vessel) ref on the pitch would be pointless, as his "boss" ruled the decision, and footballer Karens can't ask for the manager in the middle of a game πŸ˜‰

Archived