Red tiger tournaments

Rdvnao

Hello folks, just found your community on the web while searching the answers. 

Surely you know Red Tiger provider's tournaments with these straight rules

Points will be rewarded in the following manner:
    - 3 consecutive losses- 200 points
    - 2 consecutive wins- 100 points
    - 10x or greater multiplier on a  winning spin- 500 points 

Is there any game with a higher chance of success in these giveaways? 

I'm getting some good results with 3 reels slots f. e. Red Diamond, Blue Diamond but would like to find out your experiences. 

Can we share? Thanks. 

I play mainly on Leovegas and I haven't spotted these tournaments in a while. Last time I saw one and participated was in January or so I think. It was only during 1 week I think and only in 2 Red Tiger games; Dragon's luck megaways and Dragon's fire megaways. 3 tournaments per day per game on 3 days. I played most of the tournaments that week for fun with pretty good success, I won couple and got some 2nd and 3rd places also. 

But to answer your question, I don't know how it is in the site you are playing and if there are multiple games to choose from and if it uses same rules as the one I played. If it is the same there isn't much you can do to improve your chances. As long as you spin the required 200 spins in time (in Leo it was 20 minutes or so for each tournament) the only thing that matters is luck and amount of participants. So if you have the option to choose, pick time and game that has smaller participant pool. The prizes on the ones I participated were really modest, so I did it just for fun and some extra value.

9 minutes ago, dirtystack said:

There is a lot you can do with tournaments of this kind and also a couple of tricks unique to red tiger specifically.

What are the prizes though, it’s all a bit pointless if the prizes are free spins or cash prizes are below a couple thousand  times the minimum eligible bet.

As far as I know the ones he is referring to are sort of mini tournaments that work like this: Tournament starts for example 16.00 and ends 16.25, you have spin 200 spins and once you are done, you are done, no second tries. The rules are as he described them. Prizes were something along the lines 200 euros for winner, 100 for 2nd etc. On Leo they had 6 tournaments per day. So it is a bit different concept compared to the usual big win leader board contests with bigger prize pools an going for days or weeks.  

38 minutes ago, dirtystack said:

There is a lot you can do with tournaments of this kind and also a couple of tricks unique to red tiger specifically.

What are the prizes though, it’s all a bit pointless if the prizes are free spins or cash prizes are below a couple thousand  times the minimum eligible bet.

Could you be little more specific? 

I experienced I can improve my chances by playing games where I often get 10x multipliers in basic game. 

I'm pointing exactly on 3 reels because there are no bonuses round and most of the wins are 10x. Therefore I can grab points easily. 

Sometimes Cash is being offered for top places and with good tactics it could be easy $

42 minutes ago, Avidgambler said:

I play mainly on Leovegas and I haven't spotted these tournaments in a while. Last time I saw one and participated was in January or so I think. It was only during 1 week I think and only in 2 Red Tiger games; Dragon's luck megaways and Dragon's fire megaways. 3 tournaments per day per game on 3 days. I played most of the tournaments that week for fun with pretty good success, I won couple and got some 2nd and 3rd places also. 

But to answer your question, I don't know how it is in the site you are playing and if there are multiple games to choose from and if it uses same rules as the one I played. If it is the same there isn't much you can do to improve your chances. As long as you spin the required 200 spins in time (in Leo it was 20 minutes or so for each tournament) the only thing that matters is luck and amount of participants. So if you have the option to choose, pick time and game that has smaller participant pool. The prizes on the ones I participated were really modest, so I did it just for fun and some extra value.

Yes I fully understand. 

Of course if you have to choose between 2 games, it's more about luck than tactics. 

But what if there is a bunch of games you can choose from. With variable volatility hit rate etc. Maybe it's possible to be pernamently successful with good tactics. 

49 minutes ago, Avidgambler said:

As far as I know the ones he is referring to are sort of mini tournaments that work like this: Tournament starts for example 16.00 and ends 16.25, you have spin 200 spins and once you are done, you are done, no second tries. The rules are as he described them. Prizes were something along the lines 200 euros for winner, 100 for 2nd etc. On Leo they had 6 tournaments per day. So it is a bit different concept compared to the usual big win leader board contests with bigger prize pools an going for days or weeks.  

200 spins for 0.2€. 40€ investment. There is no way to completely loose all 200 spins. Average rtp is maybe between 30% to 150%.  Point is to gather as much points as possible. Just imagine to win at least 3 of 6 such tournaments. 

Well again I am not sure how the tournaments are organized on your site. Are they game specific, or do they have some kind of share price pool. If they are game specific as I would assume, it doesn't really matter how easily the game gives out those 10x or bigger wins because the circumstances are same for everyone. It just comes down a matter of luck and amount of participants. Maybe low and medium volatility games can be a bit safer choice to grind though. 

In the Leovegas Red Tiger tournamets I played there was a minimum bet requirement of 0.60 euros and you had to spin 200 or 250 spins for the possible maximum points.  So yes it is added value, but it is not a gold mine. If you don't land in top three or get lucky big wins in the game you can still easily end up in loss. I got lucky and won couple and placed well. There were maybe on average 40 players who did the full amount of spins, so in order to win or even place high you need yo get lucky. Also the prizes dropped steeply behind the top three. 

I have a lot of experience with this format, though unfamiliar with the Red Tiger ones.

I even made spreadsheets where you just need to input the name, spin value, end balance and any prizes won. it would calculate everything else such as the RTP ( the tournament prizes were not included in the RTP calculation.)

Don't know why, just like to do it and thought it might keep me in control and only playing the tournaments.(it didn't)

Mind seems to like analysing stuff and numbers to crunch seems to delay the inevitable existential crisis.

Here is  the Rizk one for December but I was working a lot and missed most of them.

205593355_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.83fbce7f0df5eab92d08882ec80599b2.png

Can see December was a pretty bad month, mainly because I don't have a great deal of self control and after losing a little on tournaments I'd tilt away money playing normal slots. I think that is what all the numbers on the right hand side represent, cant remember. The rewards at Rizk were very decent for small betsizes, especially the ones that gave you cashback when combined with the tournament.

Think September was my best month with around £13000 cashed out from Rizk. 

Made Around £50k in tournament prizes in 2019 without ever betting over £1 over a variety of sites.

There are ways to gain advantages in some games vs people who are just there and spinning.

There used to be some tournaments where you could actually cheat the scoring system, but they have all dried up😭

Anyway, PM me what the prizes are and I'll tell you of any advantage that I know of/can figure out. Other useful info would be number of participants, the game available to play, spins required, betsize required.

Here is an example, if it is a Red Tiger Tournament and it takes place at a specific time, ie, do 200 spins between 20:00 and 20:59 then you make sure you start your spins as soon as it starts, you turbo spin everything - the reason for this is that Red Tigers seem to crash very often when they have tournaments, if it crashes for you then it crashes for everyone -you spam refresh the page with control + F5, to get the reload button to show asap, soon as there is any indication of a crash. Won a few £1000 Red Tiger tournaments purely because I was refreshing and getting back into the game after a crash quicker then the other players and whereas I'd manage to do a couple hundred spins, everyone else would be on 30-60 spins by the time it ended. I don't know, stuff like this makes me giggle my tits off.

The above doesn't apply, aside from the starting the tournament as soon as it starts, depending on some other factors.

1 hour ago, Avidgambler said:

it doesn't really matter how easily the game gives out those 10x or bigger wins because the circumstances are same for everyone. It just comes down a matter of luck and amount of participants. Maybe low and medium volatility games can be a bit safer choice to grind though. 

This maybe applies if everyone has to play the exact same game but if you can choose from a variety then there are games that will beat others 100% of the time. It's not about high or low volatility - its all about how each specific game works.

With this:

xx points for a win

xx points for 3 losses in a row

xxx points for a win over 10x format

If we both have to do 500 spins on starburst then it is random who will win.

If we both have to do 500 spins on Book of dead then I will win 90-100% of the time vs someone who is just spinning.

Yeah I pretty much agree with what you said @dirtystack Interesting sheet. 50k in tournament prizes is huge!

I was only talking from my own personal experience I've had with Red Tiger tournaments, since the OP didn't post all the facts. As I already explained the ones I played were random and game specific. The only choices you could do was to participate, your bet, and then do the spins as fast as possible. I personally also never experienced any crashes during those tournaments. But crashes or not there is still slight edge using turbospins and finishing the required spins as quick as possible. This is because there is often a clause in tournament rules that says if two players end up with same score, the one who first got the score will be granted winner. 

I am sure there probably other kind of Red Tiger tournaments, where you could do more choices to maybe get some edge. I've played some tournaments from other providers where you have more wiggle room. 

I brought the volatility up because even though it doesn't necessarily affect the tournament scores/success per se (it might depending on the rule set used), but it will nonetheless have affect on the risk/reward balance the tournament added value offers. Two games with very different volatility but same rtp will in theory in the long run give out same average end result in such tournament play. However that doesn't mean the median end result would be same. More volatility obviously causes more dispersion and spread in the end result, that is why I said grinding lower volatility games for these tournaments might be a safer option from risk management point. After all he asked about game selection, and I assumed the tournaments he was talking about were game specific. 

PS. I have never played BOD tournament and I am curious how you would achieve edge there vs random spinner. Are  you allowed to change amount of lines and gamble the wins? If the rules are very strict and forbid any choices you can make, then I don't see how one could achieve edge, but maybe I am missing something here hehe :D 

@Avidgambler yes you can change lines and gamble on many games. Book of dead I'd always adjust the pay lines and gamble every win every time so by the end of it you would always get the points for a 10x win or the points for 3 losses in a row.  You adjust the pay lines to get it so the minimum, and therefore most occuring win - 3 of a kind low paying symbols which pays 0.5x on 10 lines but 1x on 5 lines - to the point where it requires the lower amount of gamles to get a 10x win - have to do this without increasing the volatility too much. Playing 1 line and getting 10x for the minimum win, iirc, doesn't ever win it.(learnt the hard way)

Doing this you end up with double to triple the points someone just spinning will get.

Play n go slots count the gamble, no matter how many gambles you do, as just the one spin with the initial bet as the starting point. Games like WWTBAM mystery box by BTG doesn't work this way, each gamble is a new "spin" and it takes the previously win/gamble's game amount as the starting point, you cant get a 10x win's points by gambling in it no matter how many gambles you do.

Xmas magic by playngo I think i had the best result with 16, 32 or 48 lines, can't remember which it was that caused the gambles to need 1 less gamble to get to a 10x win. Xmas magic, Halloween slot - they made me a lot of money at Rick at Christmas and Halloween 2018/19.

Some red tiger games have the gamble feature, so maybe that can be used in these tournaments to give you an edge - I don't know though as I'm not familiar with which method they use.

Tip of the iceberg😉

Archived