Editing Slots Gameplay On A Mac Using Imovie - Help!

Josh Green

Hi Guys,

Im just about to launch a new youtube channel and website but Im having big problems editing my recordings using Imovie. Im using a new Imac ( should have opted against Macs for streaming/recording but too late now ) but it seems the file sizes of the recordings are too big ( between a few hundred up to 1-2gb a file ) for Imovie to cope with. It just keeps freezing/ not responding and basically making editing impossible.

Do any other streamers out there use a Mac and Imovie, if so any suggestions what i can do to help. Would be amazed if Imovie cant handle basic editing of these videos.

Hopefully someone can help.

I look forward to sharing the videos and channel with the community once i get everything sorted!

Thanks

Josh

Hey Josh

I'm a lover of Macs as they are so simple ha but found it wasn't the best for live streaming but works fine for recording. I use Imovie to edit as well and majority of my files are 1-5gb and have no issues except when I have a large amount of content which takes up the majority of the storage, and then I have experienced Imovie being slow. What do you use to record?

Hey pal, thanks for the response an massive props to your channel and recent series.!!!

I am not planning on streaming, just recording but i am using OBS ( i know its more of a streaming software ) as it works well for me to get my record set up ( game capture, cam, logos, text etc ) sorted.

I may delete imovie and re install. Should easily be able to handle the file sizes. 1280*720 output resolution as well so not even the top quality there.

Very strange and frustrating. Took me 4 hours to edit a video which should have taken 30 mins!

Archived