I need support

Nonametag

I have edited the original post to remove the email address, because:

(1) it avoids spam emails being received

(2) financial support is rarely the answer to any potential problem gambling

If the OP wants to discuss any problem gambling issues, then please feel free to share these here, where appropriate advice can be given.

Hello all,

I understand why you have made the changes and accept your suggest that is rarely the right way of solving the issue. 

In the moment I have a problem and I am short of money after gambling. 

This the reason why I have made the topic, I need just a little bit of help and if anybody could or would like to help me, I will be grateful. 

• 1 month later...

Honestly, reach out to friends and family. 

It will be embarrassing. But that will be what saves you. Hopefully the embarrassment will trigger a lifestyle change. 

Never seek short term financial assistance to chase losses. It will feel like the only way out of the hole is the next big win. But it is not. Trust me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Receiving money will not fix the problem. You sound like you may need to address a problematic trait maybe sometimes its better to step away and talk to family and friends. I almost lost my wife and kids to the problem until I found GAMSTOP. I cannot reverse the damage I did and still suffer the fall out of it 3 years on but I can safely say that stepping away and controlling the problem helped me.

Staying silent won't help and not seeking help will make it worse. If your in debt then seek financial support from debt management charities.  In times where you have a problem receiving money will only make it worse, I ended up taking loans to pay off loans and taking loans convinced I could convert it into profit. 

Best of luck, its a long road but worth it in the end 

Archived