Gamble away your future

Gamble away your future

I’ve been addicted to gambling for 8 years and have come to a turning point. 

I was so deep down in this addiction I couldn’t feel anything, I was like a empty shell with panic, full of shame and no joy for life. 

I kept this secret for myself all this time until one day, when in decided to tell my family. This was a hard decision, the hardest thing I’ve ever Done. I was so close to ends this instead of telling them, but I didn’t.

After this and the News that I will have a son changed me, now I want to reach out to peoples in the same situation and try to reach young people and make a difference. 

I started a project and I’m NOT asking you for any donations, I’m asking you to help me spread the knowledge about this project. I would be forever grateful.

Best regards,

Stories that matters

Hi,

Responsible Gaming and problem gambling is definitely something important to talk about and do what you can to prevent.

One thing I did not really get though was that it did not seem to have any actual information about the project. 

If you could write a bit more info about what you are actually doing, what you want to achieve and how you are doing it I think that would make it a lot easier for anyone here to take part.

Thank you for taking the time to write this.

The link should be to the main page for the project on kickstarter and not only for the video, that’s my fault. On the page there is more information about the project. But to answer your question the main purpose is to write a book about my story that brings all the pain, suffering and dark thoughts to the surface. This addiction almost cost me my life, and it felt so much easier then telling the people around you about your situation. I keept my situation to my self and couldn’t talk about it. And this was the worst thing I could do, it aet me alive.

I know that many can control their gambling and it’s just for fun. But more and more peoples ends up in the same darkness I did, when you promise yourself to quit but you can’t.. even how hard you try. When you play for more money than you have and still keep gambling. 

If this project becomes successful the next step is to lecture about this topic in schools to prevent young people to get this addiction, or atleast enlighten them of the problems this can contribute.

best regards

On 05/09/2019 at 15:37, Gamble away your future said:

Thank you for taking the time to write this.

The link should be to the main page for the project on kickstarter and not only for the video, that’s my fault. On the page there is more information about the project. But to answer your question the main purpose is to write a book about my story that brings all the pain, suffering and dark thoughts to the surface. This addiction almost cost me my life, and it felt so much easier then telling the people around you about your situation. I keept my situation to my self and couldn’t talk about it. And this was the worst thing I could do, it aet me alive.

I know that many can control their gambling and it’s just for fun. But more and more peoples ends up in the same darkness I did, when you promise yourself to quit but you can’t.. even how hard you try. When you play for more money than you have and still keep gambling. 

If this project becomes successful the next step is to lecture about this topic in schools to prevent young people to get this addiction, or atleast enlighten them of the problems this can contribute.

best regards

Hi again,

Found it now! 

Personally I am quite skeptical towards the project, to be honest. I completely support the thought behind it, but don't see how 15.500+ USD is needed at this stage. 

How will the money be spent? Would make much more sense to write the book, then have the Kickstarter to get a copy or so. 

What guarantees do the backers have that this will happen?

Again, I support the cause but from what I see I believe its much more efficient way of getting a larger impact. 

Anyways I wish you the best of luck!  

1 hour ago, sirbuzzk said:

Hi again,

Found it now! 

Personally I am quite skeptical towards the project, to be honest. I completely support the thought behind it, but don't see how 15.500+ USD is needed at this stage. 

How will the money be spent? Would make much more sense to write the book, then have the Kickstarter to get a copy or so. 

What guarantees do the backers have that this will happen?

Again, I support the cause but from what I see I believe its much more efficient way of getting a larger impact. 

Anyways I wish you the best of luck!  

Thank you for your feedback.

Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to create project that otherwise would not be possible. And What you give in return is the product your project will create. Right now I work 2 jobs, around 240h every month and for me to be able to finish my project kickstarter was the potential solution. 

At the end of the video Im telling that the project is not only for the book, its the first step to create something more, my goal is to lecture in this topic based on my own story and background. And to start a foundation for this addict. But the product i can offer the backers is the book. Thats why Im asking for the amount. 

The guarantees they have is my word, and that is all I can offer right now.

You are probably right that there are more effectiv way to make a larger impact but this is my way to try to make a difference. 

Thank you so much!

best regards, 

Archived