New Gambling Laws in Sweden -Will it finish the smaller streamers?

SlotLover

I don't really see the problem. I have been gambling for 10-15 years and those times I have played with a bonus is probably maximum 10 times.
In 99.9% of the cases I play with my own money with no bonus involved. 

Streamers could continue to refer people like before? 
Surely it will be more expensive for the streamers since they can't play for the same amount of time without getting bonuses. 
The streams will be shorter overall but other than that, what is the problem? 

Why can't people stream and play with their own money instead of always going with bonuses? 
Because they make less profit? Because they get less marketing (online, uptime) with shorter streams? 

I would highly welcome streamers that plays with his/her own money. 
Bonus can be fun sometimes, in terms of a "challenge" to beat the wager but I prefer no bonuses. If the streams will be shorter because of that, does it really matter?

I think maybe the streamers should be less greedy and play without bonuses. 
Don't you earn enough from all the people signing up on your links? 
If just 1 single player (that has a gambling problem) sign up with a streamers link and play away like 50.000€+ surely that must be insane profit for the referrer? 

12 hours ago, LetsGiveItASpin said:

It would be really difficult for anyone to stream if it goes through like it's written :( 

Hi Kim, You write "if it goes through like it is written" as far as i know it will go through like it is written. Or are there still discustion about it?

How i understand it works now, if you deposit 5000 kr. on leovegas you get a 5000 kr. bonus.

After the new law you will not get a bonus, so you got two options you can continue to play with the same bet size and that would also mean a shorter stream if you have some bad luck.

Another option could also be to do half the bet size you are doing now and then it would be the same as now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure this is going to be a problem to streamers to be honest. The spirit of the legislation is to limit operators in incentivizing their players to go and deposit/play. Streamers can be seen as marketing associates of an operator, not a customer. As such these bonuses offered are a B2B expense from the operator, not a marketing expense to a real customer.

But who knows, all is still unclear when it comes to the Swedish regulations, let's see what happens.

On 28/09/2018 at 07:42, BTGKinG said:

Hi Kim, You write "if it goes through like it is written" as far as i know it will go through like it is written. Or are there still discustion about it?

How i understand it works now, if you deposit 5000 kr. on leovegas you get a 5000 kr. bonus.

After the new law you will not get a bonus, so you got two options you can continue to play with the same bet size and that would also mean a shorter stream if you have some bad luck.

Another option could also be to do half the bet size you are doing now and then it would be the same as now.

Nothing is 100% until it goes through, I still haven't read the 500 pages long law. 

When it comes to the betsize, that probably will have to go down or that you can get a "long" bonus with increments released along the way, kind of similar to the cashback based systems.

Archived