Where to play
Free Bet Blackjack by Evolution Gaming is a blackjack game and the first of its kind to be launched. Free Bet Blackjack is simply an alternative version of the original Blackjack game where Free Bets will be offered to players. This is done on particular Doubles and Splits during the game round. Another big difference between the original and the Free Bet variation is that the dealer busts with a 22. This simple change to the rules is how the casinos can afford to pay for the Free Bets because, as we all know, nothing comes for free. Free Bet Blackjack quickly became popular among live casino players since it was launched in the spring of 2019.
Tip: Learn the optimal approach to this by using our Free Bet Blackjack Strategy charts found here
We have listed the features and other specifics for the Free Bet Blackjack game from Evolution Gaming below.
- Minimum bet of €1 and maximum bet of €2500
- Played with 8 decks of cards
- Dealer busts with a 22, all winning player hands are returned to player
- Free double down bet if first two cards equal 9, 10 or 11
- Free split bet on split pairs
- Side bets: Hot3, 21+3, Any Pair, Bust It
- Unlimited seating
- Six Card Charlie rule
- Can be played from all types of devices
- Same format as Infinite Blackjack
Odds & Payouts
Return to Player percentages:
- Main game – 98.45%
- Side bet Bust It – 94.12%
- Side bet Hot 3 – 94.60%
- Side bet 21+3 – 96.30%
- Side bet Any Pair – 95.90%
- Blackjack – 3:1
- Winning Hand – 1:1
- Insurance – 2:1
Side Bet Bust It:
- 8 or more cards – 250:1
- 7 cards – 100:1
- 6 cards – 50:1
- 5 cards – 9:1
- 4 cards – 2:1
- 3 cards – 1:1
Side Bet Hot 3:
- 7-7-7 – 100:1
- Total 21 Suited – 20:1
- Total 21 Unsuited – 4:1
- Total 20 – 2:1
- Total 19 – 1:1
Side Bet 21+3:
- Suited Trips – 100:1
- Straight Flush – 40:1
- Three of a Kind – 30:1
- Straight – 10:1
- Flush – 5:1
Side Bet Any Pair:
- Suited pair – 25:1
- Pair – 8:1
Just like all other blackjack tables from Evolution Gaming, the game will be dealt from an 8 deck shoe and insurance will be offered should the dealer draw an Ace card first.
- Insurance is offered when dealer shows an Ace
- Six Card Charlie rule applies
- You will be offered Free Double on 9, 10 or 11
- You will be offered Free Split on any pairs except 10s
- Dealer pushes with a score of 22
- You can double down on any 2 first cards
- You can split initial cards of equal value
- You are allowed one split per hand
- You are able to split aces
- You cannot double after split
- Any Pair – This will pay out if the players first two cards are a pair.
- 21+3 – The dealers up card and the players first 2 cards are used to create a 3 card hand. The best hand is suited trips, followed by straight flush, trips, straight and finally flush.
- Hot 3 – This pays should the players two up cards as well as the dealers up card create a total of 19, 20, 21 or three 7s.
- Bust It – This pays out on the number of cards the dealer has when Busting Out.
How To Play
The game will start off with you placing a bet on the table. Along with the main hand, you will also have four optional side bets available to you. If you plan on playing with any of them, this will be the time. Once the betting window had completed it's countdown, the dealer will signal that no more bets are allowed and deal the first two cards to both the player (you) and the dealer. The players cards will be dealt facing up while the dealers 2nd card will be dealt facing down.
Should there not be an Ace as the first card or Blackjack for the dealer, then players will be asked to make a playing decision. You will be able to hit, stand, double or split. After players have completed their choices, the dealer will reveal his hand and the two will be compared. Should both hands have the same value, this is known as a push and players bets will be returned. If the player has the better hand than the dealer, then the player will be paid even money on the bet. If the dealer has bust, all winning players will then be paid even money on their bets. If the dealer busts with 22, then all winning player hands will be pushed and no winnings are paid while bets will be returned to players.