October has been an amazing month for Yggdrasil. After the release of Empire Fortune and the triple game Mission Feature, the Scandinavian provider has announced the launch of a brand new slot. The game is called Super Heroes and is scheduled for release on October 24th. Hosted by a number of big casinos, players can find the slot on LeoVegas, Unibet, etc.
As the name suggests the game is about a group of superheroes. The theme has been very popular in recent years both in cinema and the video game industry. However, rather than using existing heroes from other media, Yggdrasil has created 6 unique vigilantes each with his or her distinct look, character and super power. Knox, Raven, Tesla, Mirage, Hopper, and Trance. Every member of the group has a special ability which he\she will use in the base game and free spins to help the player win.
Super Heroes is a 5 reels and 20 paylines slot which will be available to play on desktop and most mobile devices. The symbols on the reels are all theme related and feature a number of scary looking villains as well as their respective crests each represented with an unique color. The scatter symbol is a circular portal with the words Free Spins on top. The wild symbol is a futuristic high tech device and it can substitute for all other symbols except the scatter.
Yggdrasil is well known for making games with unique and fun features and Super Heroes is no different. The game’s main feature is the Hero Mode. This feature is randomly activated and it involves the 6 main characters. Randomly during the base game 2 of the heroes will appear and use their superpowers to help the player make a winning combo.
Super Heroes also has a free spins feature which is triggered by landing three or more scatter symbols anywhere in view. The number of free spins awarded depends on the number of scatter landed.
- 3 scatters = 4 free spins
- 4 scatters = 5 free spins
- 5 scatters = 7 free spins
Even though the number of free spins is not big, for every spin the Hero Mode will be triggered with two random heroes showing up to help the player make the best winning combos. In addition, during the free spins each of the heroes can be leveled up. The heroes will go 1 level up every time they appear. The higher the level of the hero the better his/her super power becomes. The maximum level a hero can reach is level 4.
As mentioned each character has a unique ability:
- Mirage turns each high paying symbol into dice. Each dice then spins until a mystery win between 5 and 1000 coins is awarded for each high paying symbol. The higher the hero level the bigger the potential award.
- Raven throws a rotating blade which can change up to 4 random reels completely wild. The higher the hero level the more wild reels.
- Hopper will summon a meteor shower which will hit random symbols and turn them into wilds upon impact. The higher the hero level the more symbols turned wild
- Tesla will change 2 to 5 random symbols into different symbols that guarantee a win. The higher the hero level the more symbols changed.
- Trance is only available during the free spins and when she appears she will award 1 to 4 extra free spins depending on her level.
- Knox will show up after a winning spin and shoot a fire beam at the winning combo giving it a multiplier which can go up to 5x. The higher the hero level the bigger the multiplier awarded.
Super Heroes is a Medium High variance slot with a 96% RTP. The total prize is going to vary somewhere between the 2,500 and 10,000 coin mark. The game possesses superb 3D animations, great graphics and smooth gameplay. In addition, the unique theme, the many features and big winning potential will definitely make Super Heroes one of the best games of this winter.
What the official Intro Video for Super Heroes below:
Let us know what you think about Super Heroes in the comments!